Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites A skinny male, with mites left in a box

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Oh yay! It does look a lot better! Go little guy!

Thingy0

Cavy Gazer
That's awful! It's so great to see that you are taking good care of him. Hopefully people can find a hold of her other pigs as well..

PumpkinPig

Cavy Slave
Great job taking care of that sweet little Dominic! He is looking so much happier and healthier. Shame on that horrible person for doing such a thing to the poor guy. I hope that those other piggies are able to get away from her and get the care that they need too.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
The SPCA will not do anything because we do not have an address, even though we have two phone numbers.
We really do not want to get in the middle of it, but the only way we'd get an address to give the SPCA is if we call her ourselves and tell her we'll bring Dominic back once his leg is healed...and we're not going to do that, she will not give us her address unless we do that for we know her.

So sadly, unless anything changes, nothing is going to be done. We don't have the power, and we don't have the lady's address so the SPCA wont do anything.

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
How is Dominic?

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
I understand not wanting to get in the middle of it, but what of you ask a friend of family member to try to get the address of the house without giving Dominic?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
I understand not wanting to get in the middle of it, but what of you ask a friend of family member to try to get the address of the house without giving Dominic?

How would you suggest they get her address? She is currently (as far as we are aware) not selling any of her guineas, so am not sure what she'd think of a stranger texting her asking for her address.

But if you have an idea, I would love to hear it. :)

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
It sounds low..and I wouldn't dream of asking anyone to do it, but what about asking to help? Maybe you can say that the friend is 'interested' in learning about breeding, and getting a personal view of it. I'm disgusted by typing it but that's an idea. I would have said asked to bring some pellets or hay supplies over as to help, but that would only help her organization. ;-; hope this helps. I swear I'm pro adopting o/ trying to help the little piggies

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
Do you know their last name? If you know their last name, you could see if they have their address in the phone book.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Do you know their last name? If you know their last name, you could see if they have their address in the phone book.

We just know her first name, her partner's first name and their two phone numbers, we know that over the past year, they've moved house 4 times since we went to their home, and two of those times were this year. We really don't have much to go by, I would like to text her (using my phone, they know my mums) and say I am wanting to buy a guinea pig, and hopefully from there they would give me an address, but my mum does not want them getting my number.
I may ask someone else if they can do that, if they would be okay with it.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Can you do a look up online for an address using the phone numbers? I remember using a site awhile back using minimal info to get full info. Can't remember the site as it was a while back.

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
Sounds like a site used to find criminal records lol. Generally though don't you have to pay for that? Theres actually Yahoo Messenger, you can text peoples phones with your email. I used to do it. Just need her phone number and the application. Not sure if you can do it from yahoos mail website. Hope this helps as well ^^

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
If I've missed where you said you you've tried this, please forgive me. You can try reverse phone look ups. Sometimes you can get lucky, sometimes not. Google searches with all of the bits of info you have, running through Facebook searches, linked in, any network you can think of. If you combined her first name and city/state with partners name, other friends or relatives you know of, you'd be amazed how often you can get lucky. I'd be happy to do some searching if you want to PM me the info you have. Good Luck!

Last edited:

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Just a short update...
While Dom has overcome the mites, he still has a very long way to go before he'll be able to be put up for adoption.
We had him back at the vet this week for swollen feet and toes, which the vet confirmed is not bumblefoot but is due to him not cleaning himself so we are now having to clean him daily.

He is still not gaining weight, his head and back body are not portioned properly, the vet does not think this is due to the mites but that something else caused it when he was very young - his head is of a fully grown guinea pig, but lower half is immature.

He is now on a strict diet, for he is not eating enough hay, therefore he is not getting enough fibre, So we've had to cut out some of his veggies and pellets and am keeping notes on what he eats and how it effects him and his poohs.We're really not sure of how long it will take until he is fully better and until we are happy for him to go to a new home as he keeps surprising us with new issues.

https://imagesw.pizap.com/100000742078568pizapw1408784595.jpg
https://imagesw.pizap.com/100000742078568pizapw1408784485.jpg
https://imagesw.pizap.com/100000742078568pizapw1408784635.jpg

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Poor little Dom, thank goodness he's with you and getting excellent care! He is super cute! I hope you all can figure out what's causing all of the trouble with his weight/growth.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Dom is currently doing intros with two other boys! They've been together for about an hour and we'll leave them for another hour or so (it's an hour trip back to his new home so they do need to leave before it gets dark!)..but things are going rather well.

All 3 boys are doing safe, non-combative, dominance behaviour without even teeth chattering so fingers crossed it works out and Dom has a great home to go to!

His new home has been wanting him since I posted the first pictures of him (when he was covered in mites) and understands that he is a special case.

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
That is amazing that a family has been waiting so patiently for a piggy that was having a rough time. I'm so happy he's doing a lot better <3 would it be possible for that family to send pictures of him once he is in his new home? :D

SomethingFunny

Cavy Slave
Oh wow, the change between those first pictures and now is remarkable. You did an amazing job with the little guy!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I'm so excited for Dom and his new family, he looks so great!

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Dominic is going well with Cuddles & Jet, in-fact Cuddles is currently popcorning! I think the 3 boys are going to be just fine.

It's been a busy weekend! 4 guineas going to new homes, and two boys coming in (with two girls coming in next weekend)...It always seems as soon as we find some good homes we get more in.

And I'm sure his new mum will be happy to send pictures. And yes! They were happy to wait even until after christmas for Dom if it took him that long to get ready for a home - they were in no rush but are very happy to have finally have him!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.