Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Autumn

Autumn1994

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and to forums in general. I recently bought a Guinea Pig with my fiancé as she has been wanting one for quiet a while already. I didn't think I was going to like the idea of owning a Guinea Pig but it turns out I fell in love with her in a heart beat. Her name is Autumn, I can't really tell you much about her since I'm not to familiar with Guinea Pigs but I'm thrilled to learn with all of your help!! &(broken link removed)

I've been researching and I'm aware she needs a companion. Do you guys know where can I purchase a long haired Guinea Pig?

Attachments

image.jpg

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the site. She is very cute. But I will say this. This site is VERY anti breeding and anti pet store. We support adoption and several members of this site are rescue owners, myself included. So you will not find anyone here willing to tell you where you can find a pet store or breeder where you an purchase an animal. However if you tell us where you are located we are more then happy to help you find a local rescue that will have lots of pigs looking for new homes.

Also please check the front page for cage standards since you said you got her from a pet store I assume you also got your cage there and pet store cages just aren't big enough, especially not for a pair of pigs.

Autumn1994

Cavy Slave
Introducing Autumn 😄

Hello everyone, I just bought my first Guinea Pig last Sunday November 11, 2012 thanks to my fiancé. At first I wasn't so convinced about having one but that doubt I had turned to love at first sight. We named her Autumn because of her color, she's about two months old from what I was told. From what I've read the past days I'm guessing she needs a companion and we both would like a long haired Guinea Pig, do you guys know where I can find one? I'm thrilled to keep learning about Guinea Pigs and I would like you guys to help me out with anything I need to know/do :) Feel free to ask me anything.

Here is a picture of her...

Attachments

image.jpg

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome the forum.. Autumn is very cute even if you did buy her instead of adopting her. I'm sure if you did knew you could adopt guinea pigs you would have.. Haveyou consider adopting a cage mate for Autumn.. It's so much fun watching run after each other.. I love watching them chasing each other and popcorning.. I have 2 girls guinea pig of my own.

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
Oh for sure. Everyone makes mistakes. Hell I bought a pig before I learned more about pet stores and breeder mills and I run a rescue now. The only reason I said anything at all is since he asked us to help him find a place to buy another pig. If not for that I never would have said anything at this point in time.

Autumn1994

Cavy Slave
Thank you. I'm so new to this that if I knew yes I would of adopted her. I was thinking of buying but now that I'm getting familiar with this I'm for-sure adopting one. I need to get familiar with adopting one and also a cage now.

TigerLily

Cavy Slave
hi, welcome. Autumn is very cute, I think tthat is a perfect name for her. I recently got a new guinea pig and named her pumkin pie because of her coloring and its close to thanksgiving. her white spot on top of her head reminds me of a dollup of whip cream on top of a piece of pumkin pie.

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
Just a quick one to save you any hassles, from experience and from what i've seen most store baught guinea pigs are riddled with either a)lice or b)mites, do yourself a favour and treat with a spot on lice/mites treatment asap, it won't hurt them and will most definutely give you a)peace of mind and b)will help prevent them getting it in the future.

hope this helps

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
She is a cutie! I also have a guinea pig that color, Buddy.

You could try to look on petfinder to see if there are any rescues in your area or check your local craig's list under the community pets section and see if anyone is rehoming any guinea pigs.

Autumn1994

Cavy Slave
Thank you very much, I appreciate the comment. Pumpkin pie has a great name as well, it gave us a laugh! She's very cute, just don't put her on the table for thanksgiving thinking is a real pie hehe :)

Autumn1994

Cavy Slave
Thank all of you guys for that great information, everyday I learn more thanks to all of you and I appreciate that.

TigerLily

Cavy Slave
Lol.
no, no guinea pigs on turkey day for us. she's just too small for 6 people. :)

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Have you found any rescue or shelter near your place to adopt a cage mate for Autumn?

Autumn1994

Cavy Slave
The closest I've seen one from my are is San Diedo, ehich is located about 100 miles from where I am.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
She is super cute! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.