Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New 2xMale Piggie Owner!

Indyquip

Cavy Gazer
Hello Everyone! I'm glad I found this forum because I'm a new piggie owner and I sure do have a lot of questions! We've had our wonderful 2xmales for about a week now. Currently they are in one midwest cage until the other one comes next monday to connect them together. They have 2 of everything and seem absolutely happy in their setup (other than the males fighting every so often.) I have them on a great feeding schedule that I found in some Guinea Pig facebook groups. One thing that I am struggling with is taming...I felt I was making good progress with floor time and today when I went to get up, I slipped on the blanket and fell pretty hard scaring them to death. One of them even started chattering his teeth...I had to get them as gentle as I could but it was a little rough since they were pretty scared...I feel like I messed them up for life. Is there any hope for this piggie owner? What's the best method of taming? Especially with multiple kiddos in the house (they know to walk slow and just talk / not grab)

Thanks!

Pic of the piggies huddled\ IMG_3233.jpg

rmeht

Cavy Slave
Be patient, it’ll take some time. :)

Sofia claire

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new piggies!! Taming is so thing that will can take only 1-2 weeks but most of the time a lot longer (more like 5+ weeks) one of my boys I've had for over a year but I can't pick him up easily. But you should read the links @bpatters sent. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.