Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General ; Me and my girls need BIG TIME HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
I never thought that it would get to this but, mee and my girls need big time help from you guys.
The only 2 pet stores in this city has closed down and are planning on relocating at the end of next month. I went to the clo:sad:sing sale to get enough things for my guinea pigs:sad: until they relocate. But the only i could buy was a water bottle because every thing was already taken. I dont have anymore pellets or hay, no chew toys, beds, litter boxes, shampoo, treats, toys. My guinea pigs have ran through those things. My guinea pigs havent had hay in a week. They have been surving off of picked grass from my yard and veggies. My guinea pigs seem so unhappy and i dont know if we can last anoyher couple of weeks like this. I know for sure that we cant survive for another month. I went to walmart and they had all of the wrong materials. We are in desperate need of help. The fleece seems so lonely (empty)without happy guinea pigs and no supplies. Im so embarassed to ask, but can somebody please send us what we need:sorry:

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs need un-limited long strand grass hay, they will develop malocclusion over time if they don't get and unlimited supply of it, which will lead to some very costly vet bills. I know alot of people on this forum have no supply of hay so they buy it off the internet, you can also see if there are any stockfeed stores around, they will sell hay.
Pellets you can do without, the only thing in pellets that pigs can't get from their veggies is Vitamin D, they can get this from natural sunlight (You will have to change around and tweak their diet so they get all the vitamins and minerals they need, if you need more information, google pelletless guinea pig diets.)
Hideys, toys ect. are not needed either, you can make your own home-made toys yourself, look in the Special and Reference section of the forum to see some tutorials and ideas, never be afraid to ask questions, that's what we are all here for. :hug:

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
Thanksss. I cant buy things online because i dont have a card

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
is there someone that can order it for you and you can pay them back? how far away is the closest supply store? can you drive?

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
Im 16 , i already explained to my parents what i told you. They didnt want me to have guinea pigs from day one, but they let me get them anyways but one of the agreements was that i would have to pay for everything and when i told them that i will pay them back. They said no because its all my respondsibilty

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
where are you located?

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I cant, i dont have a card

You can get a pre-paid visa at Walgreens. Walmart should also have them.
Just remember that before you can make an online purchase you'll have to call the number on the card and enter your zip code.

Tensonstar

Cavy Slave
message me your info ill send you some!!!

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
you've had guinea pigs since the start of march, and you're already out of all your supplies? 'I dont have anymore pellets or hay, no chew toys, beds, litter boxes, shampoo, treats, toys' is REALLY quite the exaggeration.

its a better idea to give people your location so they can tell you where to go to buy things instead of hoping someone will give you free stuff.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Do you know of any breeders or rescues nearby? You can ask where they get their supplies from. Some rescues also sell bedding, hay, food etc which you should ask about.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I don't mean to sound harsh, but if this is going to be an ongoing problem with no stores nearby, no parental support, and no easy way to buy things online, you should seriously think about rehoming the pigs to someone who can ensure they have what they need. You yourself said they seem unhappy, and lack of hay is a serious issue for theit dental health. With no pellets, they could get scurvy if you're not feeding them veggie choices with enough vitamin C. I know it's hard, but sometimes you have to do the right thing when you're responsible for animals' lives and health.

pinky

Cavy Slave
You're 16 so you should be able to get a part time job to make enough money to cover basic food expenses and if you use a prepaid credit card, you can cover online expenses. The real question is, what do you do if they get sick and need medical care and you can't cover the expense and your parents won't help? If your parents aren't willing to help cover basic supplies for pets they allowed in their home and you are unable to provide it for them, I think it's time to consider rehoming them to someone who can take care of their needs. If you'd give a general location of where you're located, I'll bet we can find another source for food and supplies near you. If you're in a remote area, there might be farms that carry hay. Toys? Cut toilet paper holders lengthwise and put hay or grass in there. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive. I'm sure they'd like supervised free range time better than store bought toys anyway.....I also think it's dangerous for you to be giving out your address to anyone online, even if it is in a private message.

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
I don't mean to sound harsh, but if this is going to be an ongoing problem with no stores nearby, no parental support, and no easy way to buy things online, you should seriously think about rehoming the pigs to someone who can ensure they have what they need. You yourself said they seem unhappy, and lack of hay is a serious issue for theit dental health. With no pellets, they could get scurvy if you're not feeding them veggie choices with enough vitamin C. I know it's hard, but sometimes you have to do the right thing when you're responsible for animals' lives and health.
i have a job and i can do it, but petsmart is relocating and i have to wait. My mom is taking me to the shelter today to try to find supplies

pinky

Cavy Slave
Give us a general location of where you're located and we might be able to find other sources near you.

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
Pensacola fl

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
you've had guinea pigs since the start of march, and you're already out of all your supplies? 'I dont have anymore pellets or hay, no chew toys, beds, litter boxes, shampoo, treats, toys' is REALLY quite the exaggeration.

its a better idea to give people your location so they can tell you where to go to buy things instead of hoping someone will give you free stuff.
I got one of everything because my pay day was in one week and i was limited on how much i could spend and correction, i got guinea pigs on Feb. 23, 2013

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
google says there's a petland, pet supermarket inc, barney's pet world, petco, pet nation, plus more. You can't get your supplies at one of those stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.