Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Welcome Home!

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to announce that we have a new member of the family! We got the little guy yesterday, 10.7.17, and he's been munching on hay, cooing, and getting my other piggie Flynn all hyped up :D I have yet to introduce them but they can smell and hear each other. I have not decided on a name... if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Here are the names I'm considering:

-Milo / Miles (He's quick on his toes and loves to run so the nickname would suit him lol)
-Oliver / Ollie
-Sprite
-Comet
-Sonic (Again, because he's fast!)
-Harvey (Since it's fall, I was thinking of fall-related names and I thought of the word Harvest and the name Harvey then followed)

Some of you may know that I have lost a piggie not too long ago... It's almost been 2 months. I am still grieving and I don't think there will be a day when I don't. To be completely honest, the idea of getting another guinea pig scared me because it reminded me of Bramley and, even though I know it's not true, I didn't want to "replace" him either. But... during these 2 months, Flynn had not been acting like himself. He wasn't popcorning or running laps, he wasn't wheeking or cooing, he even started to eat less and that's where I became very worried for him. I scrambled to find him a friend - I emailed, called, and texted countless of people and getting our little guy was not easy... But, it was worth it because now Flynn can be happy again. Even though I was hurting, and I still am, I had to consider Flynn as well, not just myself, so I did everything I could to get him a friend.

And...here he is :):

IMG_5522.jpg
IMG_5498.jpg
IMG_5516.jpgIMG_5524.jpg

He is grey and white... and so tiny and soft! He was born August 26th, 2017. I'm glad to have him, and I'm sure Flynn will too once they meet! (He's already been wheeking like crazy for him)

Welcome home, little pig :love:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you've got enough money to cover possible medical bills if one of them infects the other with something, you might want to go ahead and introduce them. Lonely babies are pretty pitiful.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Milo �� love that name!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Sorry, I was at a family barbecue and couldn't make a longer post.
[MENTION=38487]CavyTV[/MENTION], I am so happy for you. I'm happy that Flynn has a new brother, and I'm happy that you've been able to bring another little one who needed a home into yours. He's absolutely adorable. I know how much losing Bramley hurt you, and also the circumstances surrounding his loss and the subsequent days.

He won't replace Bramley, absolutely not. He's a new beginning for you, and a new chapter for Flynn. I truly hope that introductions go perfectly and that everyone settles into their new life just as happy as they can possibly be.

I hope that the new little fella hopes to help heal that hole in your heart. Quite a lot of us know how that hole feels.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Thank you, [MENTION=35161]Guinea Pig Papa[/MENTION], you are beyond kind. I appreciate your words. They are settling in nicely now; we just finished an easy 1 and a half hour introduction. Nothing but popcorning and squeaking. They are now peacefully napping in the cage together :):eek:

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Perfect. Absolutely perfect!

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
He's gorgeous. I am so happy for you. Really. This little one will bring you and more importantly Flynn so much joy. He's a stunner.

Nothing could ever replace Bramley. We know that. You musn't feel guilty, at all. Bramley wouldn't want Flynn or you to be lonely. You all need one another.

Wishing you all many years of love and happiness.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.