Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

In search of guinea pig (Northern VA)

CoppersMom

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I am currently located in Northern Virginia and am looking to adopt a guinea pig friend for my Copper (male, 2 y/o, non dominant). He is very friendly and needs a buddy because he was recently separated from his bonded pair. Copper is not neutered so I am searching for a spayed female or a neutered male. I am planning to upgrade to a 2x6 in the near future.

I am available to do piggie introductions upon request! :love:

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I second what @ThePigAlchemist said! I live in MD (Montgomery Co) and adopted a companion for my male Ferb from them, and Ferb and Penny are very happy together. It helps that the piggies get to meet and pick their own companions. The website is www.mgpr.org or you can email them at [email protected] . They do have a lot of single (spayed) lady piggies up for adoption right now. A second option for you might be Small Angels Rescue in Frederick, MD. They also have Guinea pigs for adoption (not sure if they are spayed/neutered?).

pinky

Cavy Slave
You don't need a neutered male to live with an intact male. One of my most bonded pairs was made up of two unaltered males. Take your guy along for a meet and greet so he can pick his buddy.

piggiesneedhome

Cavy Gazer
Hey I am new to this forum! I was wondering if you were looking for two more? I live in Myrtle Beach, which I know is far, but I need to re-home my piggie wiggies :(

CoppersMom

Cavy Slave
You don't need a neutered male to live with an intact male. One of my most bonded pairs was made up of two unaltered males. Take your guy along for a meet and greet so he can pick his buddy.

Thanks Pinky! We actually adopted a male (not neutered) and are currently quarantining him. I am so happy to hear they have been known to get along really well! They have been wheeking to each other from separate rooms. So cute:)

CoppersMom

Cavy Slave
Hey I am new to this forum! I was wondering if you were looking for two more? I live in Myrtle Beach, which I know is far, but I need to re-home my piggie wiggies :(

Hey @piggiesneedhome , what type of piggies do you have? Also male or female and age? We are looking for an Abby!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.