Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Not new, but meet new baby girl

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I think you'll be fine. I couldnt completely get rid or Scooters scent either, and Leo and Simon were fine.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Cuke, gone. Just like Bella. Yellow pepper untouched. Oh I hope it's not going to be difficult.

Artista

Cavy Slave
I think you'll be fine. I couldnt completely get rid or Scooters scent either, and Leo and Simon were fine.

I don't deep clean. However lots of spot cleaning in the kitchen and fleece is flipped when soiled. Best I can do...

Artista

Cavy Slave
And she's eating hay in her igloo. Whew. Just got to figure peppers out like I do with bella. She only eats it in middle of the night nowadays along with whatever dinner is left.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Omg. It's a boy. 3 weeks. Ugh! Never had a male. When to neuter? How to clean sac? Man! I would have wanted a female! I'm not surrendering him.

Artista

Cavy Slave
I was giving bella something and he squirmed off of me into her cage. He was scared, bella did the teeth chattering bit. Awesome.. :/

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just don't let them get together. He'll be perfectly capable of impregnating her in a very few days.

Most vets won't neuter until about 4 months or so. Just check his sac and penis sheath weekly, but only clean if necessary.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Just don't let them get together. He'll be perfectly capable of impregnating her in a very few days.

Most vets won't neuter until about 4 months or so. Just check his sac and penis sheath weekly, but only clean if necessary.

So I'm looking for hay or carefresh bedding stuck, or poop.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Named him Brody. Brody and Bella hopefully in bellas 2 x 4 cc cage once recovered from neutering. It's 11 pm and he's doing zoomies while Bella is zoned out..

Artista

Cavy Slave
Brody is a very handsome little guy. What a precious face! He may not know it yet, but he ended up in a wonderful home. I'm very happy for you.

My first two piggies ended up being males after I purchased what I thought was two females. They lived together for almost 8 years with never an argument between them. I've always gone with females after them but I did find that the males were calmer and enjoyed being held more than any of my females. I've seen many posts here and elsewhere that said a neutered male and a female were really a good combination. I hope that Brody and Bella become best friends.

Someone else said that about a neutered male with a female. Getting sticker shock on price to neuter when he's min 4 mo, about 3 mo to go. 600 to 800 dollars! Bay area is expensive for pets too!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I've seen many posts here and elsewhere that said a neutered male and a female were really a good combination.

That, no doubt, was me! The two in my avatar are/were Chester and Maya. Maya is the only female that I have had in this piggy era. I currently have two four month old boars after being pigless for six months when our beloved Sparky crossed the Rainbow Bridge on New Years Day.
@Kelsie
echos my feeling about boars vs. sows.... and that of others I have spoken with. My boys have all been very bonded to us and indeed enjoyed being held.I just don't enjoy the PMS that sows seem to exhibit prior to their heat cycle. Maya would be touchy, bitchy and snappy the day prior to the onset of her cycle.

After the first time I cleaned Sparky's sac, I somehow really didn't mind it, and also keep in mind that a neutered boar only rarely needs a thorough cleaning. When we have grooming day, all my cavies get a nail trim, genital cleaning, ear cleaning, and an occasional butt bath when warranted. My reason for having Sparky neutered was because he had such huge cajones that he couldn't walk straight nor could he lie down comfortably. It was a real problem to keep him clean with the constant buildup of "gunk" in his sac. I actually had his roomie neutered at the same time so as not to upset the balance between them. Best thing I could have done for them.

Not sure what I will do with Rascal and Rafi as they are brothers and other than the normal scuffling and posturing, there haven't been any major disagreements. They are well into the throes of puberty with their hormones just raging. Only time will tell if it becomes necessary.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Confirmed! It's Bianca Bella! So 4 to 6 weeks in the 2 x 3 cc. Bella was great at 3 weeks but her 6th or 7th, she got real itchy. Had medicated baths. So no rush to put them in Bellas 2 x 4 cc. Hope it works out...
Meanwhile, more pics from my crappy camera phone..
20200725_193424.jpg
20200725_120133.jpg
20200725_110648.jpg
20200725_110613.jpg

Attachments

20200725_192635.jpg

Artista

Cavy Slave

Thunder

Cavy Slave
She is adorable. I love her little crest.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Bianca's eating what I give her. Diced yellow pepper, kale, parsley, lettuce. I'm not doing the more treat veggies yet like tomato, cuke, zucchini, endive that bella gets. Need her to have these as favs. When she's in with bella then.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Bianca's eating what I give her. Diced yellow pepper, kale, parsley, lettuce. I'm not doing the more treat veggies yet like tomato, cuke, zucchini, endive that bella gets. Need her to have these as favs. When she's in with bella then.

What she's eating now is a great start!

Artista

Cavy Slave
What she's eating now is a great start!

Yes! Kms pellets and orchard grass hay as well. Both unlimited!

Decided she's BIANCA BELLE rather than Bianca Bella which is too close to Bella Rose.

Last edited:

Artista

Cavy Slave
I just noticed that you have the same S&P guinea pig shakers that I do. Did you buy yours from Amazon? That's where I found mine. Aren't they just the cutest things?

Yes! I have 2 sets. One decor and 1 in the kitchen.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Oops. Double post..

Artista

Cavy Slave
My friend got me a gp bank awhile back, so this is momma.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.