Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat What have you made inspired by your piggies?

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
What have you made, or had made, that's inspired by your piggies?

I love drawing and needle felting, and made these pendants and wool guinea pig. One pendant is just a pretty little piggy, the other inspired by my Robin Hood and Friar Tuck! And the needlefelt guinea pig is a mini Friar Tuck (I made it before losing sweet him, so now it's a happy memory, and even more special)

IMG_20201130_164023310.jpg
IMG_20201130_181455539.jpg
IMG_20200130_150635779~2.jpg

I just wanted to share with my fellow piggy lovers, and see what they've made as well :eek: I meant to share them before, but had a link to my etsy shop for the pictures, which I didn't realize was against forum rules (Sorry!)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Everything I've had made, is in the memorial threads for my pigs. I'll try and congregate them here.

First and foremost are my tattoos. Whenever I have lost one of my babies, their vet has taken an ink pawprint from them. My niece is a tattoo artist and she has immortalized them for me.

A friend of mine gifted me a pocket watch last year.

When Pooper and Sly passed away, I had granite markers made for their final resting place.

I have more but will have to continue in a second post. Forum will only allow 5 attached files per post.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Also when Pooper and Sly passed away, I had dog tags made on a necklace. I never take them off.

And shortly after I lost Punkin, a friend of mine who builds watches, set about making me a very special watch. The dial was completed before Scooter passed away, and that is the only reason why he isn't represented here. This gift hit me very hard emotionally. It is priceless to me. I received it just this year.

There are other framed photos and such around the house, but these are the items I have that are directly linked to all my boys. I plan on having dog tags made for Punkin and Scooter, and also a granite urn similar to the granite markers of Pooper and Sly, but COVID has placed those plans on hold. The granite urn will have both of their ashes mixed in it. They were inseparable in life and they shall remain that way.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I think I might like to get a tattoo at some point, but it'd have to match my existing traditional tattoos. I have no idea where a pig will fit among my darker theme tats and my future sailor tattoos.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Well I do got Bruin's ashes, along w/ a paw print (which has already broken in half!); my betta Shesha's fav hide (the skull), a rock for my betta Warhead, and my big mystery snail Roomba's shell.

22.jpg1.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I think I might like to get a tattoo at some point, but it'd have to match my existing traditional tattoos. I have no idea where a pig will fit among my darker theme tats and my future sailor tattoos.

I don't think it necessarily has to "fit". I've always believed that a tattoo is something deeply personal for the person who chooses to get it. At least, that's my view. Everyone always asks my why my pawprint tattoos are upside down. They usually get it when I tell them, "They aren't. They are for ME."

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
I have Mama Piggies favorite hide. I am keeping it close to my bed.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I don't think it necessarily has to "fit". I've always believed that a tattoo is something deeply personal for the person who chooses to get it. At least, that's my view. Everyone always asks my why my pawprint tattoos are upside down. They usually get it when I tell them, "They aren't. They are for ME."

I'm super specific on my tats. Right now I'm working in an occult-ish sleeve in traditional/americana style, with just black. No color allowed. A pig will have to go somewhere else, or possibly I could do a bear for Bruin. That's a design I've been wanting anyway.

I will say one thing. I'm not a fan of people asking about 'what does that tattoo mean/stand for'. It's seriously no one's business. Some of my tats have a *personal* meaning that no one would understand and/or don't need to know. Some I literally only got because I like the design (ex - a voodoo chicken foot that I just got done today). I do have kanji on the back of my neck which people ask what it means all the time. I don't tell anyone. If you can read japanese, then good for you, you know what it means. I had one person stop me and ask why I got kanji with that meaning (it's 'abunai' - dangerous). People like to pick apart tattoos when it isn't their business. It's a very personal thing, and I nor anyone else should have to explain their tats. While I may think something about someone's tats, whether good or bad, I don't say anything about it cuz I wouldn't want anyone bothering me about mine.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm super specific on my tats. Right now I'm working in an occult-ish sleeve in traditional/americana style, with just black. No color allowed. A pig will have to go somewhere else, or possibly I could do a bear for Bruin. That's a design I've been wanting anyway.

I will say one thing. I'm not a fan of people asking about 'what does that tattoo mean/stand for'. It's seriously no one's business. Some of my tats have a *personal* meaning that no one would understand and/or don't need to know. Some I literally only got because I like the design (ex - a voodoo chicken foot that I just got done today). I do have kanji on the back of my neck which people ask what it means all the time. I don't tell anyone. If you can read japanese, then good for you, you know what it means. I had one person stop me and ask why I got kanji with that meaning (it's 'abunai' - dangerous). People like to pick apart tattoos when it isn't their business. It's a very personal thing, and I nor anyone else should have to explain their tats. While I may think something about someone's tats, whether good or bad, I don't say anything about it cuz I wouldn't want anyone bothering me about mine.

I didn't mean to offend you, if I have. I just meant that by having a tattoo "fit" only matters to the person getting it. It fits because that person says it does and that's all I meant.

I don't mind being asked about mine, and generally the only questions I ask about others are who did them. The only ones visible are the pawprints anyway. I have one on my back, and there will be one on my left bicep when my niece can return to work. That one has been waiting 20 years. My brother and sister in law own a tattoo shop, and my niece works in a different shop. I appreciate the artwork that goes into them and some are truly epic. My brother is covered in them and so is my sister in law. It's just not me.

Apologies to [MENTION=44038]MerryFriarTuck[/MENTION] for temporarily hijacking her thread!

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Please don't think you offended me, was just explaining my frame of thought on my own tats.

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
I made a Christmas tree ornament with Rosie's pawprint on it. I want to crochet a mini version of her.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=35161]Guinea Pig Papa[/MENTION] All your memorials are so beautiful. I absolutely love both watches --- they're amazing :love: I remember when you shared the special story about them on the forum a while ago.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
I made a Christmas tree ornament with Rosie's pawprint on it. I want to crochet a mini version of her.
[MENTION=46050]Rosiethecutepig[/MENTION] I love the idea of the christmas ornament :love: And a mini crochet piggy. I've started a needlefelt piggy of my Robin Hood, I really need to finish it! I didn't have the right color wool.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I made paper Christmas tree ornaments of guinea pigs and put them in greeting cards for other guinea pig parents. And I made personalized Christmas ornaments for each of the pets using clear plastic balls that can be filled. I put some "snow" in the bottom, a sprig of artificial pine and a few tiny pine cones. Then I threaded beads and jingle bells onto wire, and added alphabet beads to spell the pets' names. I coiled the wire into a loose spiral so it stands up in the snow and the name can be read.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
I love those ideas, [MENTION=42766]ItsaZoo[/MENTION]!!! I've made personalized pet ornaments for our fur babies, too, but never ones quite like that :love:

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
I need to start working on the crochet piggylol. I have to finish a blanket though. You know, that's how it goes...

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
I am also making a guinea pig scrapbook!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.