Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Videos My herd eating their fresh treat

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
I haven't been able to take my girls to the garden due to the weather lately so I ended up trimming some of their plants from their Veggie Patch. This is the best treat that I can give them beside strawberries and cherry tomatoes

(Oat Hay, Wheat Grass, and Field Peas)

[video]https://youtu.be/PQFfBX31sr4[/video]

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
I always love seeing videos of your herd! Those are some very hungry piggies. :)

Nazgul

Cavy Slave
that's such a wonderful idea! I need to invest in a snak shak one of these days so I can try something similar for my boars. I bet they'd love it.

You have a lovely herd.~

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
I always love seeing videos of your herd! Those are some very hungry piggies. :)

Thank you. They are definitely piggies.

that's such a wonderful idea! I need to invest in a snak shak one of these days so I can try something similar for my boars. I bet they'd love it.

You have a lovely herd.~

Thank You

There are some controversy over snak shaks, some members feel that they are not suitable for piggies because of the content of what it is made of, but IMO I think it is fine. My piggies don't really see it as a food source, they will naw on it from time to time but never gorge on it entirely. This is my second snak shak and it took them about a year and half to destroy the sides of the previous one.

I got the idea of putting food on top from my Guinea Pig Rescue because they put hay on top and call it a hay volcano.

miniver

Cavy Slave
Ha, ha. Why reach up for a piece of grass when there is a perfectly good piece at eye level in another piggy's mouth :eek:

I took out my snak shak because my girls where getting too big for it. I was worried they would get stuck inside.

Nazgul

Cavy Slave
Thank you. They are definitely piggies.

Thank You

There are some controversy over snak shaks, some members feel that they are not suitable for piggies because of the content of what it is made of, but IMO I think it is fine. My piggies don't really see it as a food source, they will naw on it from time to time but never gorge on it entirely. This is my second snak shak and it took them about a year and half to destroy the sides of the previous one.

I got the idea of putting food on top from my Guinea Pig Rescue because they put hay on top and call it a hay volcano.

I agree. My boars came to us with the half-tunnel shaped snak shak which they have apparently had for months, yet they've barely touched it. If they chewed it relentlessly then I would of course take it out, but I don't see any harm in it when it takes so long for them to start breaking it down.

I think they're a fun addition to any cage. Mine love running through their little tunnel.

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
Ha, ha. Why reach up for a piece of grass when there is a perfectly good piece at eye level in another piggy's mouth :eek:

My boys do the same. It always cracks me up watching them.

We have a fresh veggie garden for the humans and pets.

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
I agree. My boars came to us with the half-tunnel shaped snak shak which they have apparently had for months, yet they've barely touched it. If they chewed it relentlessly then I would of course take it out, but I don't see any harm in it when it takes so long for them to start breaking it down.

I think they're a fun addition to any cage. Mine love running through their little tunnel.

I agree. It is a nice accessory. I don't put it in every week, sometimes I alternate.

My boys do the same. It always cracks me up watching them.

We have a fresh veggie garden for the humans and pets.

The piggies have their own veggie patch that they get to go in and hang out in and I several vegetable raise beds for us (and them too). I have one bed growing nothing but lettuce for them.

I don't know if you saw this video...I need to trim the basil it has created a canopy so you can no longer see my piggie when they are out.

[video]https://youtu.be/fB76ltJWb08[/video]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.