Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy You know you're a "crazy cavy lady" when…

MissJean

Cavy Slave
64. It takes you 5 hours to do all the dishes, because your guinea pigs keep distracting you with their cuteness.

Triple b

Cavy Slave
65) when you wheek and popcorn down the vegetable aisle
66) when the sound of rustling plastic bags makes you hungry
67) when you consider the hutch potential of every cardboard box you encounter

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
68. You get overexcited when shopping for Vegies.
69. You realize you would rather be out of coffee than Piggie food.
70. You spend more time washing piggy bedding than your families clothes.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Okay, I guess I'm officially part of the club now. I'm finding poopies in spots that totally make me scratch my head.

I also feel like a crazy piggy lady when I have to tell the grocery cashier, "This isn't a bag of veggies. It's just corn husks I grabbed for my guinea pigs."

And worst of all, my Quaker parrot now imitates wheeking!

Mishkapop

Cavy Slave
71. Your boyfriend is a crazy piggy person when he plays the Godzilla theme music when he steps into their cage. Every. Single. Time.

72. When you will pay 15 pounds for the best quality veg for a week from a high end food store, but you wouldn't EVER go in there before. And you buy nothing else in there. Just veg.

73. When you refer to payday as "Piggy Present Day!"

74. When you get up in the morning 2 hours earlier than you have to, just so you can squeeze in some good cuddles before work.

75. When two thirds of your fridge is devoted to your piggy veg, and you have a whole chest of drawers in your bedroom devoted to them, with each drawer for specific items and all neatly labeled on the outside.

76. When you are quite happy to spend your sunday morning lie in like this, because your piggy just will not sit anywhere else:

IMAG0043.jpg

iugin

Cavy Slave
77.When you live in Greece and because there is no good guinea pig food,you just order from the states!!!(It hasn't come yet btw...:mad:)
78.When you haven't seen your bf for about a month and when he is coming you think ohhh shit i won't see the girls for 2 days...(i am sorry honey :eek: i love you lol)

littlerae

Cavy Slave
79. You keep a space heater in their room in the winter and a digital thermometer by your bed to make sure it is always warm for them
80. When people start telling you you should go back to school to be a "guinea pig vet."
81. When your husband starts asking you to make him salads "just like the guinea pigs get."
82. When you type the letter "P" into the search bar on your Facebook and the first thing that pops up is Laura PiggiePigPigs' Facebook page!
83. When all of your "most visited sites" on the internet are guinea pig related.

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
84. When your guinea pig cage is larger than your own bed.

85. Your housemates don't understand why you dont mind sweeping up poop.

86. You've been thru 4 diffrent dustpans because they don't do a good enough job.

87. When you've spent more on one guinea pig bedding than a whole set of sheets and comforter for your own bed.

88. When your 'wants on Freecycle get denied since your driving people nuts asking for wire grids, old towels and other assorted piggie items.

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
84. When you buy a window ac unit specially for them. (our ac cuts out in the summer)
85. When they have their own room.
86. When every pinecone you see is a potential piggie toy and then also take
the extra time to cut (with scissors) file (nail file)
87. my husband would rather pay the vet to cut the piggie nails than do it himself.

englishdaffodil

Cavy Slave
88. When you only watch the weather forecast to see what kind of cage clean-out tomorrow will be (Sunny and warm? There's time to scrape fleeces with the fur-be-gone in the back yard. Cold and rainy? Yes, I've been known to buy new fleece!)

89. You sometimes avoid opening the veggie crisper to get food for yourself because you don't feel like dealing with the wheeking.

90. You get MAD when people mistakenly refer to your pet rats, hamsters, or any other species.

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
When the internet is mostly piggie related
and all or most of the pics on your ph is piggies.
Is definitely me!

MookaGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
91. When your piggies get more presents for their birthday than you do!

arionat799

Cavy Slave
92. When whenever someone texts you or calls you and asks "What are you doing?" you say "cuddling with my guinea pig", "feeding my guinea pig", or "cleaning my guinea pig's cage".

93. When you get yelled at for not getting to bed on time for school (this is aimed at the younger piggy owner generation lol) and your only excuse is: "My guinea pig was kissing me goodnight"

94. Again, at the younger generation, when you get yelled at for not doing something and all you can say it: "My guinea pig was doing something really cute that I couldn't turn away from".

95. You get super excited when you are at Joann's or Hancock Fabric!

Last edited:

ILoveMillie

Cavy Slave
96. When you find hay in your hair...and it's hard to eat black beans :)

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
82. When you type the letter "P" into the search bar on your Facebook and the first thing that pops up is Laura PiggiePigPigs' Facebook page!
Same with me as soon as I type l or P her name comes up!

LitaRutherford

Cavy Slave
97. When you carry wallet size photos of your piggies so you can show people. Even though you have three other animals you dont carry pictures of.

98. You talk about them like you would a new human baby so constantly at work your co-workers call you mom now. (one of my co-workers has started this.)

99. You love your partner ten times more because they not only accepted your piggies but also want their own.

And i've only had them a few days @.@

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
100. When you find Piggy Poop at work and smile.

littledinobug

Cavy Slave
7. You eat raw veggies in the mornings because it is so easy to nibble while you are cutting up their breakfast.
8. You see every wire container as a potential hay rack.
9. You get excited when bell pepper is on sale.

I second the bell pepper on sale! OY! they go for at least $2-$3 EACH for the green ones here...any other color they're like crazy expensive. One week they were on for like $1 and I'm like SCOOOOREE!!! Heck there is hardly any on the %50 clearance shelf either. It's nuts.

here's one

When you go away for an overnight, you set up your laptop with a webcam outside of their cage, and set a streaming video so you can watch them from where you are.

Tunundary

Cavy Slave
102. Stumbleupon has run out of guinea pig related searches for you to look at.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.