Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? Is this pig a lethal or a PEW?

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
Doing my usual and just perusing the classifieds this morning. I just like to look. Spotted the little trio below:

baby-guinea-pigs-16491913-2.jpg

received_10214521825064225.jpg

I'm concerned about the little white one. I mean, it looks outwardly as if she's normal and could be a PEW. Or do you think she's a Lethal? She stands out like a sore thumb against those other two. I know it's hard to say without seeing teeth etc. I've never seen a lethal in circulation in our papers etc, but I know it happens. So a white piggy raises flags for me.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She looks like just a PEW to me. Her eyes are normal size. I am by no means an expert, but just comparing to a photo here the other day that IS a lethal, her eyes look pretty big compared to that one.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
She looks like just a PEW to me. Her eyes are normal size. I am by no means an expert, but just comparing to a photo here the other day that IS a lethal, her eyes look pretty big compared to that one.

That's what I thought, those are pretty eyes and her head looks good. Call me extremely paranoid... It's something I have zero experience and with the thread that I saw the other day I thought I would ask you guys to weigh in

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She IS a pretty little girl. She and the far right one look like they're crested to me as well. I've seen quite a few photos of lethals and I guess you just wouldn't know for sure until you either hold her or get the answers from whoever has her, but she looks pretty good so far to me.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
She IS a pretty little girl. She and the far right one look like they're crested to me as well. I've seen quite a few photos of lethals and I guess you just wouldn't know for sure until you either hold her or get the answers from whoever has her, but she looks pretty good so far to me.

Mm I've been all over guinealynx this morning before I came here, I would have sent a message to this person if I thought she might be. They're sweet little sausages! It's like their coats transition between the three. Very cute.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave

I went and had a look at that thread. That OP is amazing to adopt that little girl. And I do see what you mean in the differences. The eyes alone are very different

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I went and had a look at that thread. That OP is amazing to adopt that little girl. And I do see what you mean in the differences. The eyes alone are very different

I thought so too. That's quite a challenge to take on, and I admire them greatly for it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.