Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Exotic Vets in Arizona?

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
Hi all!

I would like to start off by saying I am a very dumb human for not looking into this very much before, and to my pigs I apologize.

I have only known about the need for a good, exotic vet and not a regular one for so long, and my pigs have never shown any signs of illness. Always pooping, eating and drinking. Nevertheless, it is important that I find a trusted vet and I feel bad for waiting so long to do it. Some time ago I searched for vets in Arizona, and couldn't find one to trust. I'm sure there are some pig owners here who live in AZ too, and I am curious as to which vet you would recommend. If I remember right, I checked CavySpirit's vet finder and found nothing... :(?

grab01

Cavy Slave
Hi all!

I would like to start off by saying I am a very dumb human for not looking into this very much before, and to my pigs I apologize.

I have only known about the need for a good, exotic vet and not a regular one for so long, and my pigs have never shown any signs of illness. Always pooping, eating and drinking. Nevertheless, it is important that I find a trusted vet and I feel bad for waiting so long to do it. Some time ago I searched for vets in Arizona, and couldn't find one to trust. I'm sure there are some pig owners here who live in AZ too, and I am curious as to which vet you would recommend. If I remember right, I checked CavySpirit's vet finder and found nothing... :(?

I'm in AZ, but I'm not in the Phoenix area, so not sure how helpful I'd be :)

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
Could you please say where in AZ? Because AZ is pretty big!

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
I'm not in PHX either. I am in Northern AZ, however, I know that there are no exotics vets here in the northern areas. @GiuneaPigLover, thank you for the recommendations, but, unfortunately, I don't quite trust either of them. AZEAH has some misinformation about guinea pigs on their website (an example would be the fact that they support the myth that boars risk fighting unless neutered, which is contrary to what CavySpirit has stated, that neutering does not affect behavior). It concerns me since they either recommend unnecessary operations for extra money or that their info comes from outdated sources, and therefore they are not knowledgeable. The other site provides little to no info on the animals they treat, so I checked their "Meet the Staff" page and I was concerned by some of the vets' supports. One of them is credited as a previous 4-H participator, and another breeds reptiles as a hobby (I, like many of you, am against breeding due to the fact that there are thousands of homeless animals.) Although I don't know much about any overpopulation relating to reptiles, I am keeping cautious of who I trust my furbabies with. Thank you for searching, however, I greatly appreciate it. I don't mind where it is in the state, as long as I have somewhere to take them, so the part of AZ isn't really a concern. Besides, I hardly trust our regular vets in my area, much less any vets that claim to be "exotic". Small town issues... lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.