Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

First round of new Section Moderators

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Okay folks, I'm sorry it's taken me so long. I think it's been a little bit of an emotional hurdle for me to expand the team this way and a little bit of trepidation on never really being ready the way I want to be for training and such. So, apologies on that.

We had a lot of great applications and myself and the rest of the moderator team went through them. Just because you weren't approved right now doesn't mean that you can't be in the next round. I will PM some personal feedback to each person that was not accepted yet and let you know the little areas that we're looking for, in almost all cases, it just needs a bit more time.

I'm making this announcement before I update the assignments.

I've also been debating about this aspect with myself and I'm going to go with the conservative side. Your user group will be "Section Moderator" but for now I'm not going to change your title or the color of your title. It will still be the same. Here's why. Because you are moderating a particular forum section, does not necessarily mean that you are an 'expert' on that topic or section. And I don't want your posts to *seem* to carry any more weight or authority on that forum or any other. I'm looking to avoid that complication of authority that seems to grow over time.

This is (for now anyway) a low-profile position. In any given forum, if you scroll to the bottom of the forum, you can see a list of any Section Moderators assigned to that forum (when I make the assignments). The main moderators are still able to moderate all forums.

You will have access to several new private, administrative forums. One is the Section Moderator forum where I'll help instruct you what's needed and we can discuss any issues as a team. There is also a forum there that we move threads to when we are deleting threads so that they are removed from view but we don't necessarily lose them. And you'll have access to the threads that get reported by members so that they can be reviewed and acted upon if necessary.

I will PM you with your specific forum assignments when I get them done.

Our new Section Moderators are:

@Amy262
(broken link removed)
@CavyMama
@ellisa
@Inle_Rabbit
@Mastershroom
@MissJean
@T_Licious

I have to go out for while this afternoon, but will make the assignments and updates later this evening. Thanks so much!

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
I'm sure a selection like this is never easy and I commend you on your choices.
CONGRATS to the new volunteers and thanks in advance for your help to the forum. :)

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Congradulations to all the new mods!!!! Way to go! I am sure you will all do a GREAT job!!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Congratulations to everyone who was picked! As the others said, I too am very happy with the choice.

Amy262

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the opportunity to help out! I know I am new to this forum, but for those who are wondering, I do have experience running a vBulletin website. I hope I can assist where needed, while continuing to learn as much as possible about our piggie friends!! I sure have learned a lot already! :)

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Congratulations to you all! I know you will all be great moderators. :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome, new mods, and congratulations to you! Looking forward to working with you.

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
Hey, I made the cut! lol

Looking forward to helping out.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
No title or color changes yet. We will be the "stealth moderators"! LOL Happy to help wherever I can :)

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Congratulations!

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
Yay!!! Congrats!!!!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Thank you so much! Can't wait to help out around here. :cool:

T_Licious

Cavy Slave
I'm so excited! Thank you for adding me to your team, I look forward to working with everyone and contributing what I can to the forum!

I know first hand how nerve wracking it can be to expand your team, looks like some great choices here!! :heart:

ellisa

Cavy Slave
Thank you! This is all very exciting! Can't wait to start helping out! :)

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
Thank you for the wonderful opportunity! I look forward to helping everyone the best I can.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Congrats new moderators! Looking forward to working with you all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.