Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Biting What to do if one biting another?

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
I have two guinea pigs (girls) and they lived together in the pet store but when I brought them home they were screaming sometimes. At first I thought it’s normal but after few days I saw on one of them bite marks on her ears (they weren’t bleeding but there was dried blood. Now I caught them almost fighting one of them were biting another on the side (but now I’m more scared bc she might be pregnant). Once they were fighting when I was laying in bed with them and I tried to separate them and she bit me (by accident she was trying to bite another gp) I didn’t bleed but that did hurt like someone pinched very hard. Now I separated them but they are screaming like they want to be back together. What do I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candalalala

Cavy Slave
How big is their cage? Since you bought them from a pet store did you also buy a cage from the pet store?
Piggies fight usually because their cage isnt big enough.

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
How big is their cage? Since you bought them from a pet store did you also buy a cage from the pet store?
Piggies fight usually because their cage isnt big enough.

Yeah I bought the cage from the pet store but I separated the parts of it and added some things for space (I can show a picture if needed) and tomorrow I’m going to buy another cage.

Candalalala

Cavy Slave
Pictures would be great to see what you mean! I'm having a hard time picturing it.
Pet store cages are often way too small for even one poggy unfortunetly.

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
Pictures would be great to see what you mean! I'm having a hard time picturing it.
Pet store cages are often way too small for even one poggy unfortunetly.

e3e1ad3e96c283a61aea570cf65294c2.jpg

This is the cage to compare sizes you can see GP in left corner (she’s not that big tho)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry you got suckered into buying such as small cage. The ramp absolutely must be covered unless you want a broken leg, but it's also an invitation to squabble. Pigs need a large flat area to run around in, and places to hide so they're not always visible to each other.

Take a look at the Photo Galleries on this site -- there are thousands of cage pictures that will give you a good idea of what a guinea pig cage should look like.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.