Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General What vaccuum do you use?

onefutui2e

Cavy Slave
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I didn't find anything else that would fit. In short, while caring for our pigs we end up generating a lot of...debris. What vaccuum do you all recommend? I've seen a lot of "pet vaccuums" by Dyson but my main issue is all the loose hay on the floor. They tend to wrap around the rotating brushes and jam them up. I have a shop vac that I use in my garage but I feel like that's a bit overkill.

Any ideas here appreciated!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you use the search box at the upper right, you'll find a ton of posts about vacuums, and [MENTION=19714]spy9doc[/MENTION] has some good ones.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
If you use the search box at the upper right, you'll find a ton of posts about vacuums, and @spy9doc has some good ones.

I suspect that you can find my recommendations in the archives of the posts. Let me know if you can't find anything and I'll repost. At the moment I'm rushing out and don't have time to answer in detail. Be happy to do so tomorrow.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I've gone through a few vacuums over the years and my absolute favourite has been a Shark Lift Away Navigator Professional. It's light, has great suction and my favourite aspect is it's so easy to clean and unclog all the hoses and components of they happen to become blocked.

I will admit, I haven't purchased a Dyson because I'm afraid about murdering it with the hay!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I've gone through a few vacuums over the years and my absolute favourite has been a Shark Lift Away Navigator Professional.

I agree that this is a great lightweight vac for general use. I think we've owned two of them.

However, if you want a portable hand-held vac, here's the link to a post I made recently about my favorite B&D vacuum. It's not inexpensive, but in my experience, it is well worth the cost. The little brush on the end works great in the cage to vacuum fleece, but flip the brush under and it then picks up hay easily off the carpet.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...s-vacuum-cleaner?highlight=Black+&+DEcker

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.