Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Chew Toy String

bain2010

Cavy Slave
Hi All,

The kids wanted to decorate our girls cage when we brought them inside so we got some xmas chew toys for them. One being some wooden xmas trees on a string for the side of thier cage. When cleaning them today i noticed that the string has disappeared so i can only assume they have eaten it!!!

How worried should i be if this is the case?
3af2ec6aa195b6ed3195bc5faa1ccd13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
i noticed that the string has disappeared so i can only assume they have eaten it!!!

Yes, quite likely! lol For some reason, cavies are fascinated by non-food items and will sometimes obsessively chew on them. Among those are the blue puppy pads, coroplast, cage bars, plastic hideys, cardboard items, zippers, my neck chain, pulling threads from towels, etc.

Just keep an eye on them to ensure that they are pooping normally. It's possible that one could get an intestinal blockage, but it's not that common. Remember that cavies have almost zero dexterity with their front paws so everything is explored with the mouth.

bain2010

Cavy Slave
I am keeping a close eye on them and poo seems to be normal at the moment

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
I am keeping a close eye on them and poo seems to be normal at the moment

I'm am also not surprised my GP's love to chew on strings of all kinds [emoji849]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.