Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Large Nasty Mass

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for replying in such a shocked way earlier. My reply, and I'm sure the replies of others as well, were due to the shocking nature of the photo/question. As I love guinea pigs quite a lot, it was very upsetting to me to see a piggy with that bad of an infection. I've never seen anything like that before, and I had no idea what kind of condition the piggy was in. I'd like to apologize for my blunt reply, and I'm glad you took your cavy to the vet. Good luck to the both of you.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
So pleased you were able to get him to the vet and his prognosis looks good. Good luck to you both.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
There is only one thing to do with that and you know it. Lee should have know it too. Coddling is not always the way to handle things.
It would seem that you think the "thing to do" is insinuate that the poster is a troll and then snipe about whether or not he's wearing a shirt.

Yes, I realize the only possible treatment for a situation like this is a vet, but I also realize that some people don't race off to an exotics vet at all hours; and I certainly know treating someone like an idiot because I think they're asking a stupid question is not even remotely helpful in the situation at hand.

Frankly, if it were me, and I had a pig in this condition, I wouldn't even post a pic. But, I know better because I've been around animals and seen a lot of nasty things. The fact that this person posted a pic and asked for help is evidence enough they don't know what to do and could benefit from some genuine advice. Not being called a troll and told to put a shirt on while racing to a vet that may not even be accessible at the time in that area.

Now. I'm glad to hear your piggy saw a vet and has a treatment plan in action, [MENTION=37761]leebaldwin[/MENTION]!

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
It would seem that you think the "thing to do" is insinuate that the poster is a troll and then snipe about whether or not he's wearing a shirt.

Yes, I realize the only possible treatment for a situation like this is a vet, but I also realize that some people don't race off to an exotics vet at all hours; and I certainly know treating someone like an idiot because I think they're asking a stupid question is not even remotely helpful in the situation at hand.

Frankly, if it were me, and I had a pig in this condition, I wouldn't even post a pic. But, I know better because I've been around animals and seen a lot of nasty things. The fact that this person posted a pic and asked for help is evidence enough they don't know what to do and could benefit from some genuine advice. Not being called a troll and told to put a shirt on while racing to a vet that may not even be accessible at the time in that area.

Now. I'm glad to hear your piggy saw a vet and has a treatment plan in action, [MENTION=37761]leebaldwin[/MENTION]!

Not going to argue with you as you aren't reading what I said anyway. We'll just agree to disagree on this.

leebaldwin

Cavy Gazer
Quick update for the morning. Gave 2 Face his meds (sory Fay not sure what it is) and cleaned his wound. It is looking 10x better this morning. He doesn't like the spot being cleaned, but hey, its gotta be done. I am walking on cloud 9 over the improvements. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

amanda_cake

Cavy Slave
Glad to hear he's doing better!

Fay

Cavy Slave
I'm so excited to hear about the improvements! Hope he makes a full recovery soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.