Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight Average weight for a growing Guinea Pig?

CrazedHoosier

Cavy Slave
So recently I've noticed my 4.5 month old piggie gaining some weight, but I don't quite know when I should start worrying. She seems a little chunky, but other than that, pretty normal. Is it normal for them to be a little chunky when they're growing? Here is a pic.

Attachments

image.jpg

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
How much does she weigh? All pigs are different. My heaviest was almost 3lbs, and my smallest was just under 2lbs. I don't remember their growing weights, but if she's growing I wouldn't worry about it.

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
Thanks for asking this. We got Pudge, the vet says she is about 9 months old. She is about 1.5 pounds. She is petite. I feel like she should be a little heavier. She eats, and drinks fine. Loves her veggies! Her former owner 'said' they had her for 6 months. Who knows if that is true. It would be nice to know what range she should be.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
All pigs differ. My two month old looks super fat and almost pregnant, but I know she is not. She hasn't been with any boy except her brother and he was separated at 20 days. My nine month old I think is lighter than @mamaduck71, but I don't have an accurate scale. :/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.