Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Making fleece wick -- how much vinegar to use?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
@Artista: Yep! One load all together.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I'm happy and relieved to announce that it's finally wicking properly. Thank goodness! lol

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
I had the same problem with my first fleece, I added a small amount of bleach and it didn't stain at all. It got rid of the piggy stains and fur though.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I have both bright red and dark blue-and-black fleece, and regularly put bleach in the washer. I was looking at a scrap of the blue-black the other day, and the cage blanket hasn't faded at all, even with all the bleaching.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You are one brave or fortunate woman! :eek:hmy: My husband is an absolute tyrant with bleach and you can't imagine how many clothes he has ruined.

Oh, yes I can! My husband bleaches everything he can get his hands on, and he slops bleach all over the place when he's pouring it into the washer. I can't tell you how many of my shirts and shorts have white bleach spots on them where he's spilled bleach and they were in a dirty clothes basket under the washer.

A funny story... He does his own laundry -- I wouldn't touch his clothes with a ten foot pole because nobody can wash them to suit him. So he washes his underwear in the strongest detergent, in the hottest water, on the longest cycle, and dries them on --- you got it, delicate. He doesn't want to ruin them. Well, ok, then.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@spy9doc , you were safe anyway. I won't swap with anybody. Get rid of, yes, but not swap...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.