Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Introducing the newest sow in the herd

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone,

Two weeks ago I adopted my 10th sow, I was well prepared to set a different enclosure just in case things didn't turn out well. She spent 2 weeks in quarantine and got a green light from my exotics vet. I did introductions yesterday in a 4x9 C&C temporary neutral cage and things went well. The herd continued to go about their business except "Lady" who is the herd leader. Lady and Pride were getting "know" each other but after awhile things settled down.

During initial introductions, I found it okay to leave the room (herd were eating together and just laying around without any squabbles) and clean their main habitat decorating for St. Patrick's Day. I periodically checked on them to make sure everything was okay.

[video=youtube_share;EOXXVvjElx8]https://youtu.be/EOXXVvjElx8[/video]

eternalpnk

Cavy Slave
WoW! That is an awesome cage! And congrats on the your 10th guinea pig. I only have five and am still in the process of introductions which are not going smoothly. But good luck with the introductions! You gave me some ideas for building a new guinea pig cage. Thanks!

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Congrats! I'd love to one day have that many piggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That cage is amazing! I dare say it's inspirational, now I have to figure out new things for my boys! Congratulations on the new addition!

cavymomma01

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new addition! I love your cage! I'm getting ready to redo mine here in a few weeks and will have to keep yours in mind when I work on it.

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
WoW! That is an awesome cage! And congrats on the your 10th guinea pig. I only have five and am still in the process of introductions which are not going smoothly. But good luck with the introductions! You gave me some ideas for building a new guinea pig cage. Thanks!

Thank you. So far I've been very lucky with introductions. I think having a large habitat helps.

Congrats! I'd love to one day have that many piggies.

It is possible. When I first joined this forum I only had two. I saw other members with large herds and said to myself "one day" too and now I have a large herd, probably no more adoptions for a very very long time.

That cage is amazing! I dare say it's inspirational, now I have to figure out new things for my boys! Congratulations on the new addition!

Thanks. I've been there before. I was admired other people's cages.

Congrats on your new addition! I love your cage! I'm getting ready to redo mine here in a few weeks and will have to keep yours in mind when I work on it.

Looking forward to seeing your renovation!!!

westiegirl13

Cavy Slave
Hi. I knew I recognized all the festive fleece and hay racks! I know you from fishlore where you are Amazonpassion! I started looking at all your posts in the nonfish section while I was doing my research for my piggies! My fishlore user is westiegirl13!

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Hi. I knew I recognized all the festive fleece and hay racks! I know you from fishlore where you are Amazonpassion! I started looking at all your posts in the nonfish section while I was doing my research for my piggies! My fishlore user is westiegirl13!

Lol :) Yes. I have piggies and fish tanks. This is a great forum to get information on piggies.

westiegirl13

Cavy Slave
Lol :) Yes. I have piggies and fish tanks. This is a great forum to get information on piggies.

Iv learned so much already just reading through posts!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.