Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggie Talk

Greenbean

Cavy Slave
Sorry, haven't been posting. But I have some good news and some bad news...
Trinity had to be put down yesterday. The uri had traveled to her whole body, and she didn't eat or drink. And became quickly dehydrated. She was in pain. We didn't want her to suffer. So, we had to. I'm still very sad. But I'm sure she is filling herself full of veggies at the rainbow bridge. <3

The good news is, I'm going to be able to build the cage soon! c:
I can't right now, because I'm kind of in trouble... :c
I will post pictures when I get the cage built. :D

Hope everyone is doing okay.

jeanne12

Cavy Slave
Im sorry to hear that you've lost Trinity.how old was she?what was wrong with her?Im sure as you say she is having a good time in heaven eating all her favorite foods .

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
Finally! I can get in on some of these conversations! I'm not left out any more because I don't have piggies... cause now I do! I just brought my 2 fosters home with me this evening. Letting them rest tonight, but can't wait to watch "piggyvision" as one member (who?) recently put it. :)

Don't have much on "my girls" for the moment, other then that they're girls. I can't even tell you their names. The manager has a poor memory and there are too many animals in her house for her to remember them all. Although the number does seem considerably less then what it was, so that's good. I'm just going to play the name game with them on the forum. That'll be fun! :D

@Greenbean So sorry to hear about Trinity. Never easy to loose a pet- trust me, I know! I just lost my dog, who was my baby for 10 years. We were very close.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
@Greenbean I am so sorry to hear about Trinity. But you are right, she is getting all the veg she can eat at Rainbow Bridge. I imagine she's with a bunch of other piggies wheeking like crazy about the food and fresh air!

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
@Greenbean I'm so sorry to hear about Trinity! :(

@CritterLuvva I'm also so sorry to hear about your dog, but it's wonderful that you finally have your piggies! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'd like to see pictures! :eek:

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
@emeraldamykate I have a thread I started about my foster babies. Unfortunately, my computer's not fast enough to run shrink pic now. Not sure I can load large pictures. I'm stuck! :(

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
@CritterLuvva I found it, yay! I'll be following and I can't wait to see the pictures! I don't know why, but it is so exciting to see pictures of other people's piggies! :eek:

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
@emeraldamykate Variety, my dear. I'm looking for a volunteer to help me with my pigture problem. See thread for more details.

Mom_of 3

Cavy Slave
So, how was your day? What are your piggies doing right now? lol
Our days been great so far i have 3 girls Callie 6yrs Lila 3yrs and Trinity 11months we have a dog named DOG lol who is a husky dalmation mix & this morning the dog myself and all three of my kids and both ouf our guineas Sparkle and Shine were ALL on the couch Callie and Lila were feeding the piggies celery i wished my hubby was home to have taken a picture!

Hows the weather? What are you doing today? :)
It's beautifu and sunny out today, poo for me i have to work (12hr night shift at the hospital 7pm to 7:30am) Got the kiddos fed had lap time with the piggies, gave the kids a bath now getting ready to take the oldest to school and hopefully catch a small nap and go outside before work!
What does your cage look like? :?:
My hubby just made our c&c cage a couple weeks ago its fully enclosed due to the kids and dog but its 2x4 bottom story with a ramp and 2x4 2nd story. Our coro is finally instock so we can get it in there and get the tempaRY Cardboared out! Our fleece is crazy as we just got a bunch of clearance fleece blankets and no 2 were alike!
What does your guinea pigs look like? :tearsofjo
We have 2 almost 3 month old piggie sisters one is black and red colored puruvian and the other is a beautiful brown and white with a little red on her cheeks. Im hoping to eventually get a couple more i love the peruvian pigs im hoping for a black and white piggie and for some odd reason i like the all grey ones as well
Whats your guinea pigs names? :eek:ptimist:
Dubbed Sparkle & Shine by my 6 yr old Callie & 3yr old Lila

Mom_of 3

Cavy Slave
Also question i cant seem to change my AVATAR picture? Anyone know how??

Mom_of 3

Cavy Slave
DSCN0089.jpgDSCN0082.jpgOur piggies!

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
@Mom_of 3 On the top most bar at the end, you'll see your handle, My Profile, Settings, etc. You want Settings. Once the page has loaded, you'll see a list of headings in blue on the left hand side of the screen. Under "My Settings" and then "My Profile" you'll see "Edit Avatar". If you want the picture to be the same on your profile page, you'll also want to save a pic to "Edit Profile Picture". I'm going to be redoing mine as soon as I can get a good pic or two.

Mom_of 3

Cavy Slave
I don't have any really good pigtures yet buut i wanted one up thank you for this helpful post!

jeanne12

Cavy Slave
How are your new little ones settling in their new home?

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
@jeanne12 I'm not sure who you're talking to, but my foster babies are settling in just fine. I'm still looking for names for them (I have a name game posted), but we are absolutely loving each other. I can hear them purrig even now, and they've shown off for us already and popcorned. So funny to listen to them chatter and carry on. We (hubby and I) love it!

The girls love being held. So far I haven't discovered a time limit for them. Hubby holds them during evening clean out and I hold them at various times throughout the day for a few minutes at a time for a little one-on-one. At first I thought they didn't like being seperated, but I've held them by themselves a couple of times and they haven't complained the whole time. Just a little scared after they've just been picked up. I think they are totally tame now. Still don't like having my hand come in the cage or being picked up, but other then that they're happy little tykes! :D

cross

Cavy Slave
congratulations

cross

Cavy Slave
both of them are adorable

spidermando262

Cavy Slave
So, how was your day? What are your piggies doing right now?
My day was good! My piggy is sitting on my lap, chillin'.

Hows the weather? What are you doing today?
The weather was very nice. I've been studying for finals outside while letting my piggy roam in its play pen.

What does your cage look like?
Too small. I need to upgrade soon.

What does your guinea pigs look like?
Photo 434.jpg

Whats your guinea pigs names?
His name is Popcorn. :)

How many guinea pigs do you have?
Just Popcorn. One day when I have a place of my own I'll adopt more!

cross

Cavy Slave
your guinea pig looks like my sunshine

Whats your guinea pigs names?
His name is Popcorn. :)

How many guinea pigs do you have?
Just Popcorn. One day when I have a place of my own I'll adopt more![/QUOTE]

Attachments

sunshine.jpg

Greenbean

Cavy Slave
New family member! <3

Oh my gosh guys, I'm so sorry I haven't been posting at all.
But I'm back now, hope I didn't miss much.

I have a little story...something that happened today...

This morning I was sleeping on the couch, because I usually fall asleep watching tv. I woke up and my dad was talking on the phone and he said he had a surprise for me. So he led me to the bathroom and there in the tub was a cute grey and black striped kitten sitting there in the cage.
I'm so happy, I have always wanted a cat.
I had cats before, but they have all passed away.
I haven't had a cat in a really long time, and I love cats.

This is a picture of her earlier today snoozing. She was dead asleep, you could shake her and pick her up and everything and she still wouldn't wake up. My dad laughed and asked me "Is she even breathing??" Lol.

cat.jpg

This is a picture of her right now, she is sleeping right next to me while I browse the internet. :)

cat 2.jpg

As for Bean, she is sleeping right now too. It's about 12:00am. So basically everyone is sleeping. I'm a night-owl and I usually stay up until 3 or so.

Hope everyones summer is going good.
Mine has been fantastic, laying around the house and being lazy. :3

2 days ago, my mamaw and I went to Wal-Mart and we picked up some veggies for Beanie. We got parsley and some more beans. (Her favorite!)
Surprisingly, she doesn't really like the parsley. I've heard that guinea pigs love parsley. Hmm...

Goodnight...or...morning everyone. :)

Love, Mikayla.

P.S.
I need name ideas, right now we are debating between Allie and Cotton.
Cotton doesn't really make sense, because she is a grey cat. And I believe cotton is white.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.