Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi. New To The Forum

FuzzMom

Cavy Slave
:)Hi. I'm new to this forum. I live in Ny state. No children; so my fuzzy babies are my family. Currently I have 1 dog and 2 cats. Ok, make that one normal cat and one crazy speed demon, lol. I actually joined this forum to talk guinea pigs (I miss mine, I had her for about 7 years), and I'm searching for a new squeaky companion. I really, really am looking for a Texel and just can't seem to find any locally. And, well, I just like the atmosphere from posts I've read while doing texel research so thought I'd join. Hope that's okay as I don't have one yet. Thanks and hope to get to know all of you soon.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Hello @FuzzMom,

Your menagerie of furry family members sounds adorable!

It's perfectly fine that you have joined without a current pig. Many people do, in order to research their care before bringing pigs into their home. I found this forum after I had 2 pigs and only after joining did I realize that I had done just about everything wrong! LOL

Texels have a very interesting look. If you give us your zip code -- or at least your general vicinity, we might be able to help you find a rescue that has texels.

Welcome aboard!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
If you give us your zip code -- or at least your general vicinity, we might be able to help you find a rescue that has texels.

I'm pretty well connected within the cavy community here in the Northeast. I might be able to help you find a Texel as well. My dearly-departed Maya was a Texel.........as seen in my avatar. She had been a show piggy but was given to me because she had pea eye and couldn't be shown nor bred. If you want a smart, talkative piggy, get an Abby. If you want a calm lap piggy, then consider a Texel. Maya was lovely and sweet, but dumb as a stump. Her cagemate, Chester (neutered Abby) was a real talker and just couldn't figure out why she wouldn't carry on a conversation with him.

Maya - Pre HC top&side - Copy.jpg Maya - Pre HC face - Copy.jpg

Attachments

Diva top.jpg
Last edited:

FuzzMom

Cavy Slave
Hi. 13760 in the Endicott Ny area. Cat on Speed, Panther, is crazy enough. She's nuts enough for all my other pets combined, I love her though. Tracker the Brussels Griffon and Ember the gray nonbreed gray cat, are quiet. For a cavy, I'm honestly looking for a big, soft, cuddly lap sponge. Someone that just wants to be held. Looking for this boy or girl in the spring of next year. Reason being, I currently have a housemate that's allergic to hay. She'll be going back to school in the spring so I can get the Gp then. I'd love a showable piggy, just to go to local shows, but that's .not mandatory. Maybe people can weigh in on the differences between getting a baby vs getting an adult. Or should that be a separate post in a different place? Hard to wait; but I figure to use the time for research and finding a healthy fur baby. And don't wory; dog and cats are safe with small pets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.