Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Oreo vs. the Snuggie: Round 2! Now with better cable management!

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
I've done some rearranging, including getting all the modem and router cables out of Oreo's way on the floor. The next time I let her out after that, she had another bout with her new favorite toy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb9lvgKcAHE

As a side note, her surgery scar is pretty much completely healed, just a faint pink line on her skin now. Just waiting for the fur to grow back. Also, we've started experimenting with leaving her cage open overnight and while we're at work, since we've got everything pretty well walled off or out of the way. Yesterday my girlfriend worked the morning shift and I worked the evening, so Oreo was only alone for a couple of hours at a time. I'm happy to say she didn't get into any trouble :)

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
She is just SO cute! I don't remember why you got her in the first place? From time to time I think about getting a rabbit, but don't know enough about them to evaluate if she would fit into our household. And, my Chester and Maya get so much attention that I don't know if I have time for another another muchkin.

Any good links to share? How about you, Inle Rabbit?
My girlfriend has wanted a black and white lop rabbit for a long time...or in her words, a "floppy-eared cow bunny". :) We saw this little lady on Craigslist and I decided to go pick her up. Plus, we lost Curly and Big Pig in the last couple of months, so we figured it would be more manageable than when we still had 5 pigs.

As for how she fits into our apartment, we basically let her do her own thing most of the time now. We're still working on litter training, but supposedly that will be easier after we get her spayed (hopefully in the next month or so). I will say be prepared to do a bit of carpet cleaning for a while if you decide to get a bun.

I'm sure Inle's got more to say about it than I do, but a couple of links I've found quite helpful are https://rabbit.org/ and https://www.rabbitsonline.net/

Gandalf

Cavy Slave
If you are serious about getting a rabbit, I can't stress highly enough how much easier it will be to get an already fixed rabbit from a rabbit rescue. Fixed rabbits litter train much more easily. In fact, oftentimes those fixed rabbits from a rescue are already litter trained.

Don't worry -- they can still be young. It usually isn't even hard to find fixed rabbits less than one year of age. Considering they live 10+ years, even 2-4 years is pretty young.

There are a number of other advantages to getting a fixed rabbit. I list them out on my rabbit site. There are also tips on how best to avoid potty accidents --- the early days/weeks are key.

The two links mastershroom gave are great -- the first is House Rabbit Society, the other is a forum of which I have been a longtime member.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.