Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play What fun stuff did you do to your piggies home?

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
I just did a fleece forest of my own it cost just over 5 dollars :) I am taking their pigloo out to see if the'll sleep in there (im sick of them hiding 24/7!) I built half of it (or a bit more) with the fleece forest (THEY LOVE IT) and I put some fleece down the back and over the top, only one side is "open" so we can see them :) if they'll sleep in there then I can take the pigloo out and actually get them to play more lol

picture066.jpg

The fleece cost me all my spare change ($5 we're real broke right now but I wanted to do something fun today!) and saved some money if we were to buy em pre-made ofc :) I wanted to kinda put in a combination of the corner tent thingy with more of the fleece forest :) I would put it on the other corner with fleece down the other side too so its more like a little house but its next to the window and I don't want to chance them getting too cold! and if I put fleece on the side where the other bars are we wont be able to watch them so fingers crossed it works out!​

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
LOL bibbles is trying to sleep in there but nibbles started popcorning then bibbles started popcorning and now he cant sleep XD

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I'm not very creative when it comes to fleece forests and stuff like that and I really dont think mine mind at all with all the space they have.

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
I'm not very creative when it comes to fleece forests and stuff like that and I really dont think mine mind at all with all the space they have.
oh im sure they dont! they do have a lot of run room :) and I"m not very creative either to be honest I just kinda looked at stuff you could buy for em and decided to try to make my own :) with a bit of tweaking here and there lol plus I can only sew by hand I don't have a machine or know how to work it ^^;

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
They both liked it so much that when I put the pigloo back in so they could seperate if they needed time apart in the night, neither of them used it lol they both slept in the fleece forest hidey i made

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
Nibbles has been with us about 3 1/2 weeks and Bibbles only about a week and a half, is it normal for Bibbles to rarely come out of their house? He's not really playing or anything but sometimes when the lights are off him and Nibbles will chase eachother around the cage, he wont even come out for his veggies I have to put them next to him to get him to eat, is he just really shy? It's been like this since day one, he doesn't appear to be sick but I don't see him drink from his water bottle either, I'm starting to get worried, he is eating ok, hay and pellets and eyes look fine hes not sneezing a lot anymore only occasionally now (I think its allergies cause he was JUST cleared of a URI or dust keeps getting up his nose!)

Idk I'm just worried cause he's not really drinking, im making sure he eats watery veggies at least

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I did get them these at the grocery store the other day to lay on. I believe they where 70% off since it was after Valentines Day.

CAM00245.jpgCAM00249.jpg

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Aw! I feel boring now! I did find a basket at the dollar tree and cut the handles off and put 2 entrances in it, it has lots of holes so lots of airation. Im also making a hay rack with it, just gonna stick 2 bricks in it so the pigs dont tip it.

Other than that I added some willow sticks and a veggie kabob. Guess Im boring! :D

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
Aw! I feel boring now! I did find a basket at the dollar tree and cut the handles off and put 2 entrances in it, it has lots of holes so lots of airation. Im also making a hay rack with it, just gonna stick 2 bricks in it so the pigs dont tip it.

Other than that I added some willow sticks and a veggie kabob. Guess Im boring! :D

I feel the same way, but what I didn't make in fun stuff for them I made up for in space. Don't get me wrong they have a tunnel, chew sticks, ping pong balls to play with, but nothing I made from scratch.

CAM00203.jpg

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
@UchihaMickey [MENTION=30816]piggydaddy1[/MENTION]
I like what you guys did for your piggies too :) i didnt mean home made stuff only! I love the tunnels I really wanna get one for the boys, they're still getting used to their new cage and I'm worried about Bibbles he's not coming out of the fleece forest like.. at all and he wouldn't leave the pigloo when that was there =/

but yeah :) i like the dollar store idea, and the pillow thingys are super cute too :D

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
@UchihaMickey @piggydaddy1
I like what you guys did for your piggies too :) i didnt mean home made stuff only! I love the tunnels I really wanna get one for the boys, they're still getting used to their new cage and I'm worried about Bibbles he's not coming out of the fleece forest like.. at all and he wouldn't leave the pigloo when that was there =/

but yeah :) i like the dollar store idea, and the pillow thingys are super cute too :D

I know your on a tight budget, but when you can check out the dollar store or dollar tree. You would be surprised what jumps out at you that you can use for guinea pigs just walking down the isle. That's where I originally got the towels I used for a layer under my fleece before I got the uhaul pads and the binder clips to clip the fleece to the walls and grids of the cage. The pillows actually say text me on the other side, and I'm sure the guinea pigs don't care.

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
I know your on a tight budget, but when you can check out the dollar store or dollar tree. You would be surprised what jumps out at you that you can use for guinea pigs just walking down the isle. That's where I originally got the towels I used for a layer under my fleece before I got the uhaul pads and the binder clips to clip the fleece to the walls and grids of the cage. The pillows actually say text me on the other side, and I'm sure the guinea pigs don't care.
That's a really good idea :) in about 3 weeks we should have some more funds built up, right now as much as I hate to say it we're struggling to make sure we have enough for food ^^; but hopefully when 3 weeks comes by and we're all caught up on everything I can go shopping some more for them, fortunately the piggies have everything they could possibly need, and I have some stuff i can pawn if any emergencies come up with them, I'm just glad we were able to swing the cage lol the rest can wait a lil bit

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
That's a really good idea :) in about 3 weeks we should have some more funds built up, right now as much as I hate to say it we're struggling to make sure we have enough for food ^^; but hopefully when 3 weeks comes by and we're all caught up on everything I can go shopping some more for them, fortunately the piggies have everything they could possibly need, and I have some stuff i can pawn if any emergencies come up with them, I'm just glad we were able to swing the cage lol the rest can wait a lil bit

Have you tried paper lunch bags with them yet. That's something very inexpensive and many people on here like myself have found that there guinea pigs like playing in and with them.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Ferb loves the perforated cardboard piece that comes off the opening of the tissue box. He throws it around, carries it around. That piece I would normally throw in the recycling bin keeps him entertained for hours.

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
Ferb loves the perforated cardboard piece that comes off the opening of the tissue box. He throws it around, carries it around. That piece I would normally throw in the recycling bin keeps him entertained for hours.

I will have to try this.

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
Have you tried paper lunch bags with them yet. That's something very inexpensive and many people on here like myself have found that there guinea pigs like playing in and with them.
i have and nibbles loves it, but bibbles keeps peeing in them and ruining the fun :(

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Thats not ruining the fun! I leave mine in for 1-2 days, until its destroyed. Thats wil 2-3 pee spots and a bunch of teeth marks. Fill it with hay and twist the top closed, cut off one end to have a tunnel, cut another hole in it to make it a 3 way tunnel. Thats my go to toy when they destroy everything else.

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
Thats not ruining the fun! I leave mine in for 1-2 days, until its destroyed. Thats wil 2-3 pee spots and a bunch of teeth marks. Fill it with hay and twist the top closed, cut off one end to have a tunnel, cut another hole in it to make it a 3 way tunnel. Thats my go to toy when they destroy everything else.
I kinda understand what you're saying but im a bit confused lol could you post a pic so I could see it please? :) I just put a bag fill it with hay and both boys are still small enough to fit together, it was quite funny last night Nibbles was being a brat and Bibbles was in the back eating, Nibbles came out and shoved the bag up so Bibbles was sitting in the bag with hay in it just eating when I finally stopped laughing enough to check on him and meanwhile Nibbles was popcorning and squeaking in circles around the bag xD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.