Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions I'm in the middle of introductions...

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I'm currently in the middle of introductions with a pair and a solo girl (whom is blind).
thry are in a large neutral pen with veggies and hay and I'm watching them like a hawk.

They have been chasing, rumbling and a little nipping but then they go to separate sides of the pen ad sleep for 5-10 minutes. When they he up the blind girl will run up to one of the others, who squeals at the blind girl and they exchange nips (no breaking the skin!)

then em they go back to sleeping.

Needless to say I'm a little confused on whether they will be okay or not together.

any opinions?
(typed this on my phone, sorry for errors)

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
If there's no breaking of skin and no blood, I would let them stay together. If there is any actual injury, separate immediately! Best of luck :)

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I'm currently in the middle of introductions with a pair and a solo girl (whom is blind).
thry are in a large neutral pen with veggies and hay and I'm watching them like a hawk.

They have been chasing, rumbling and a little nipping but then they go to separate sides of the pen ad sleep for 5-10 minutes. When they he up the blind girl will run up to one of the others, who squeals at the blind girl and they exchange nips (no breaking the skin!)

then em they go back to sleeping.

Needless to say I'm a little confused on whether they will be okay or not together.

any opinions?
(typed this on my phone, sorry for errors)

I'm going through the same thing and there was the chasing, nipping, rumbling, then they would stop eat some vegetables together and then it would start up again. Since there was no blood shed and figuring it was only territorial I put them all together. The two year olds have been chasing the two five week old ones around and squawking, but now that I have left them alone, that has seemed to stop for now.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I just popped them in their cage together and so far nothing as changed, they are all running around then taking catnaps haha

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I just popped them in their cage together and so far nothing as changed, they are all running around then taking catnaps haha

Same here. Went down stairs to get a snack and the older two where in the igloos and the two five week olds were in the carboard tubes. Oh and every time I hear one of them squeak I want to run over and see what's going on to make sure everything is ok, but I know if I do it will only stress out the guinea pigs more. As long as the squeaking isn't really loud and goes on and on (i.e. there in pain) then I'm just letting it go.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
@piggydaddy1, I definitely don't think I'll be sleeping for a few days! haha

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
@piggydaddy1, I definitely don't think I'll be sleeping for a few days! haha

I'm going to leave my bedroom door open and trust me if there's a problem I will beable to hear it. It's not any different them me sleeping on the down stairs couch. Plus the way I see it, if there was going to be blood shed I think it would have happened by now either in the bathroom during introductions or in the cage.

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I forgot to add, that I probably won't be getting a ton of sleep tonight either, but atleast I will be more comfortable laying in my bed then laying on the couch.

mkpiggy

Cavy Slave
Thats why you get a baby video monitor. Do the baby have igloos mr daddy. Do you have pictures [MENTION=28452]agirlwithink[/MENTION] love to see them.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
blind pig.jpg
This is Clementine
bambiflower.jpg
And these girls don't have names yet. [MENTION=30993]mkpiggy[/MENTION]

melynda

Cavy Slave
I'm going to leave my bedroom door open and trust me if there's a problem I will beable to hear it. It's not any different them me sleeping on the down stairs couch. Plus the way I see it, if there was going to be blood shed I think it would have happened by now either in the bathroom during introductions or in the cage.

If there's an all out fight, you'll hear it. I was a wreck when I introduced my boys, running to check every little noise. After a week and a half in the cage they had a pretty nasty row, bloodshed and all, so unfortunately I had to separate them. But when it happened, I heard it clear as a bell. It was LOUD. They shook the cage. So if my experience is any indication, like I said: you'll know about it.

mkpiggy

Cavy Slave
Awe they are so cute. Love the hat and boa with clementine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.