Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions I put a divider in their cage--was it the right call?

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
I sold my Midwest on Craigslist and got $40 for it! That almost reimbursed my out of pocket for supplies to make my C&C back then.

I sold my tiny Happy Habitat pig cage for what I paid for it, $40. The girl who took it put a hedgehog in it. She was very happy with the size for a hedgie. I also sold my old hamster cages for some extra money, $40 for both cages and all accessories.

My experience with the buddy bath is, it started well,I put them back in the very clean cage, and they were all good for 20 minutes. Then they started being aggressive again. I was advised to let them alone, and they eventually settled. But I also have sows, so they're easier to introduce.

sbuxaddict

Cavy Slave
I sure hope re-introduction goes well! I imagine you are quite stressed. I've never done re-introductions but when I did introductions I didn't do the buddy bath thing but I did follow the rest of the guidelines exactly and it went well. I'm wondering if a buddy bath is good or bad in your case. I would think starting out with as little smells as possible would be good. Two clean pigs, a clean neutral space and a super clean cage. Just my thoughts.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm thinking the same thing--just go all out for introductions this time.

sbuxaddict

Cavy Slave
I sold my tiny Happy Habitat pig cage for what I paid for it, $40. The girl who took it put a hedgehog in it. She was very happy with the size for a hedgie. I also sold my old hamster cages for some extra money, $40 for both cages and all accessories.

My experience with the buddy bath is, it started well,I put them back in the very clean cage, and they were all good for 20 minutes. Then they started being aggressive again. I was advised to let them alone, and they eventually settled. But I also have sows, so they're easier to introduce.

Hoping my experience goes the same way! How are your girls getting along now?

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
Hoping my experience goes the same way! How are your girls getting along now?

I've heard so many times that girls are better about getting along in general! But I sure love my boys!

sbuxaddict

Cavy Slave
I've heard so many times that girls are better about getting along in general! But I sure love my boys!

Oops! I misread your last comment and thought you had boys! Sorry about that :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.