Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Q&A, Comments, Feedback about Contests

MommyOfMany

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You maybe could click the "Thanks" button to show your support without spending any likes. :) Also, is there a limit to how many pigtures you can post?
Thank you!

MommyOfMany

Cavy Slave
Oops, sorry I found the rules page. Got it!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I've changed the post sequence for this forum so that the newest posts are at the top of the thread. This should help alleviate the concern that the first posters have an unfair advantage. You get to see the new ones first, but the earliest entries still have a lot of exposure, too.

Cavylier

Cavy Slave
I've changed the post sequence for this forum so that the newest posts are at the top of the thread. This should help alleviate the concern that the first posters have an unfair advantage. You get to see the new ones first, but the earliest entries still have a lot of exposure, too.

Not working for me. :(
I'm seeing Maxwell, followed by all the posts in the normal order - oldest to newest.

(I'm using Google Chrome, if that has anything to do with it.)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yeah, I THOUGHT I had changed it. Not. Checking with my developer.

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
The new layout is brilliant. :) I love the hot pink and sky blue combo, those are my favorite colors. :heart:
I also think the "like" option is pretty neat, even though I'm constantly reminded of Facebook now, ha! Definitely not complaining though.
You must of spent a huge amount of time with all of this... Shows you really care about the forum.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
The new layout is brilliant. :) I love the hot pink and sky blue combo, those are my favorite colors. :heart:
I also think the "like" option is pretty neat, even though I'm constantly reminded of Facebook now, ha! Definitely not complaining though.
You must of spent a huge amount of time with all of this... Shows you really care about the forum.
Thanks! I'm really digging it, too. Time and money.

I'm getting the sort order of posts changed for this forum (more $$). I think the investment is worth having the latest photos listed first. Not sure, but maybe later today, if not today, soon.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Whoot!! Reverse post order is working now on this forum!!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Also, I'm bumping your VOTE LIMIT up to 10!

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave

Next you know someone will get upset because they posted early in the competition and they will get less views than someone who posted later. Pick you changes to suit you and save your money as you will never be able to make everyone happy lol

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Next you know someone will get upset because they posted early in the competition and they will get less views than someone who posted later. Pick you changes to suit you and save your money as you will never be able to make everyone happy lol
Yeah, I do my best. I do think this way is better and balances out any advantages. I'm good with it.

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
How long do we have to post pictures for the Christmas theme? Been so busy I have not had time for a photo shoot!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
How long do we have to post pictures for the Christmas theme? Been so busy I have not had time for a photo shoot!

I'm considering extending this one, not sure. At least until Sunday night, of course, but not sure yet.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
@CavySpirit

I think there should be some sort of rule stating that you can only win x times in a certain period, if that becomes a problem.

If the same person wins over and over again every week that's not completely fair either.

AlyssaNicole

Cavy Slave
I absolutely love the contests. I think it's a great way to get everyone involved/feel connected and show off their cute piggies! No complaints at all :) can't wait to see the future pigtures!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
@CavySpirit

I think there should be some sort of rule stating that you can only win x times in a certain period, if that becomes a problem.

If the same person wins over and over again every week that's not completely fair either.

If that happens, I'll deal with it. I'd rather not add more rules unless it really becomes necessary. I want to do as much as possible to encourage participation and a fun contest.

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
Gah! I have run out of likes! Too many gorgeous christmassy piggies! Sensory overload! I want to like them all! :(

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
I love the contests! They are a fun way to get more pigtures of your pig! And, then you have one for most holidays too!

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
I'm considering extending this one, not sure. At least until Sunday night, of course, but not sure yet.

I am still TRYING to convince the piggies to cooperate during their photo shoot! How long do I have left??? Im sad I may miss it. Sniff!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.