Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Is KMS hay worth paying $32 for shipping alone????!!

Field-of-Dreams

Cavy Slave
Always try and hand-pick your bales if you buy a whole bale- they are cut for livestock and more mature than the stuff cut for small animals. Much coarser and stemmy.

Tractor Suppy now has their OWN brand (DuMor) of hay and my guys LOVE it!! It's green and very fine- they eat every morsel. A large bag is $7.99. I had to get a bag at the local WM last week, ran out and didn't have time to run to TSC. Those little goobers would NOT eat it! I finally ended up feeding it to my ponies!

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
It is only worth it if you have exhausted all avenues for local hay. It took me a really long time to find my supplier but, when I found her, I was ecstatic. Her hay is better than KM hay. Green, soft, sweet smelling and organic. Best part of the deal is that is $3.50 for a bale and she lives 15 minutes from me. :) Try really hard to find good hay around you. Try horse farms. Keep looking. I buy enough for a year (8 bales or so) so I don't run out and she lets me know when the 2nd cutting is ready every year. I am not sure what is around you but I would suggest to keep checking. Even if you have to drive an hour, it'll still be cheaper. If you have no other option, KM is really good hay. :)

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
It is only worth it if you have exhausted all avenues for local hay. It took me a really long time to find my supplier but, when I found her, I was ecstatic. Her hay is better than KM hay. Green, soft, sweet smelling and organic. Best part of the deal is that is $3.50 for a bale and she lives 15 minutes from me. :) Try really hard to find good hay around you. Try horse farms. Keep looking. I buy enough for a year (8 bales or so) so I don't run out and she lets me know when the 2nd cutting is ready every year. I am not sure what is around you but I would suggest to keep checking. Even if you have to drive an hour, it'll still be cheaper. If you have no other option, KM is really good hay. :)

Wow, does she ship to FL? lol It would probably be cheaper for me than KMS

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
@cfoster1966 you should call her and ask if you can post her info, I live in Maryland and would love to get some shipped if she does.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.