Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Media Guys with guinea pigs?

• Thread starter theguineapigguy
  • Start date

soopermum62

Cavy Slave
@theguineapigguy My husband loves our two girls, He is the first to detour through the fleece department at ANY store, build them accessories for their cage, (like garage doors for easier cleaning). He also does all the nail clipping, he also was the first one out the door to buy a new vacuum when the Dustbuster quit (battery won't hold a charge) and helps me with ideas on how to make changing day easier. But he won't get on the internet and join a forum to talk about it. (LOL!) He lets me do all of that! In fact he picked our our second piggy Daisy (she's in my avatar pic).

Edit: I forgot to mention he also makes sure that they have MORE than enough food! and Jokes about them eating better than he does!

theguineapigguy

Cavy Slave
I love hearing everyones story about they're dads or brothers liking they're pigs. Its good to know theirs more guys out there that like pigs!

elg1692

Cavy Slave
@elg1692 I collect frogs myself and I LOVE that fleece!! I wonder if they Hancock still has it...how long ago did you buy it? I have girls, but they just might have to deal with it!

Thank you! I bought it about a month ago, but went back about two weeks ago to get more and it was gone. :( Maybe your location will have some, or maybe on their website. It was on the clearance table when I purchased it. Good luck!

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
I am a guy and I love my pigs! I'm 23, and I look like I belong in a biker gang rather than a guinea pig forum. But I enjoy my lap time with Kwee while I watch TV or play my video games, and I've even taught her a trick or two. I'll throw a photo here later!

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
My boyfriend, who isn't a member of this forum, has pigs at his place.

He has very many Florida State colored/patterened fleece for his boys.

F-L-O-R-I-D-A! S-T-A-T-E! Florida State! Florida State! Florida State! Woop! lol sorry, I'm a big FSU fan even though I am a UCF student :)

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
Btw, my 23 year old fiance loves our little pigs though he says they don't really "do anything." lol he has really warmed up to them though, especially once I switched their cage to fleece. He told me the other day that although it's annoying that I change their cage up in his apartment and take up more space with their stuff, he likes it :)

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I used to play WoW, too. And before that EverQuest...then I had my daughter. She didn't let me play on the computer and now my son is even worse than she was! My husband still plays those types of games though. I'm not sure what he's playing right now.

On a related note, I met my guinea loving husband of three years on Everquest.

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
On a related note, I met my guinea loving husband of three years on Everquest.
Lol! That's so cool! I'm not a gamer but my fiance is so I appreciate them even though I don't play. His current favorite game is EVE online or "internet spaceships" in his words :)

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
:D I go to FSU! I really need to get my hands on some FSU fleece....
No way! My brother just graduated last year with his Bachelor's in Business :) He is living in Tally now and is managing at Jimmy John's to get some experience.
I think Joann's has FSU fleece. My mom made us all tied fleece blankets. One brother got camo, the other got FSU and I got little pawprints lol
I seriously cannot find UCF stuff ANYWHERE though except for on our gigantic camps.....no fleece :(

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
We're huuuge FSU fans over here LOL

QtrSkill

Cavy Slave
Im 22yrs old and my pigs are a huge chunk of my life.. my friends and family think i'm obsessed and I cant deny lol..
as for fleece you can get your own fleece and cozies custom made to your liking, heres my cage and me w/ the piiiigggggz
2012-12-08 02.48.24.jpgIMG_0871.jpg

youre not aloneeee man! hurray for piggiedudes lol

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
My fiance @CourtArtanis is a piggy guy. He's currently being ruled by our 7 piggies while I'm away and I bet they are being spoiled rotten! I also met him through WoW and we moved 300 miles to be together :)

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Im 22yrs old and my pigs are a huge chunk of my life.. my friends and family think i'm obsessed and I cant deny lol..
as for fleece you can get your own fleece and cozies custom made to your liking, heres my cage and me w/ the piiiigggggz
View attachment 39861View attachment 39862

Holy crap, lookin' good!

emsillly

Cavy Slave
My dad didnt like them when i first brought my piggies home. One day while i was a work i got a picture from my mom of my dad holding Buttons and ever since then he has become "grandpa" he constanstly talks to them he always wants to make sure we are stocked up on their favorite veggies he is in love with them he is always saying "bring the babies downstairs i miss them!" - they now have two cages one downstairs and one upstairs (they sleep in the upstairs one) the downstairs cage is more of a play center. on most weekends the girls are downstairs with him playing in the morning before i get up.

elizabubble13

Cavy Slave
My husband & I have 4 pigs.
He calls 2 of them 'his boys' & gets very protective of them.
It was kind of hilarious (not the situation, but him) sitting in a vet waiting room cuddling one of them. He's about 6 foot 1, got heaps of piercings, large stretched earlobes & heavily tattooed. Little old ladies were waiting with bulldogs but there he was holding a, at the time, 3 month old guinea pig.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
View attachment 39861View attachment 39862

You look so much like this guy that I grew up around! He had a guinea pig, too. lol
Your piggies are adorable and I love your fleece!

peanut.lover

Cavy Slave
I don't exactly know where to put this so if this thread is in the wrong spot feel free to move it. I was just wondering if there's any other guys (besides me..) with guinea pigs. I know there's a couple guys on the forum but barley any. And also how do you guys feel about being apart of something that's mostly involves girls. I don't think it's a problem although it does get kinda annoying when 99% of fleece stuff on etsy have hearts everywhere and pink polka dots... I also for some reason get some strange looks when people hear I have guinea pigs (I know its a tad strange). Anyways If you guys could make yourself known on this thread, that would be pretty cool.

It's not strange, It's just different from owning a cat or a dog. Different is good ;) I'm a 17 y/o guy too ( Piggy owner)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.