Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General How many piggies do you have or want to have?

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Thanks, Mommyof2 :) I hope they are!

I used to live in a 150 sq ft apartment, where a 2x3 BARELY fit, and my dream was to give them a bigger space as soon as I moved. My new apartment is still a studio, but it's bigger, so I set up the largest cage I could - it's right in the middle of the room :) If I move to a bigger place, I would love to expand it for them again!

After living with a 3x5 for a while, I realized that even that is not really a huge space for them, considering it's their whole house.

You're welcome. I have 2 sows and 2 boars each in a 16.5 sq ft wooden cage and I feel like it's ok for them but wish I would have made it bigger. So I know how you feel. I'm limited on space as well. So it's tough

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Here's my cage when I first made it and set it up :)

I really like. It's nice. I love that red thing in the cage. What is it?

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
There is a gorgeous texel male at the rescue I'm adopting from near Pittsburgh, you would just have to drive a few hours to get him ;)
Unfortunately, my herd is all female, so unless he was neutered, I'd be looking for a female texel. That's what Curly was listed as on her Craigslist posting, but pretty much everyone who's seen her agrees that she's a teddy. Which is fine by me; she's still a lovely piggie.

And Pittsburgh isn't that far of a haul; I've driven there a few times to pick up a friend who goes to the University of Pittsburgh but lives here, and for a couple of concerts in Millvale, right on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. I could feasibly go there for a piggie, though probably not without some guarantee that it would get along with mine. lol It's a little under 2 hours driving each way, but the worst part is the tolls on the turnpike. Five bucks right before leaving Ohio, and another stop 30 seconds later on entering PA. >___<

coconutty78

Cavy Slave
I currently have 2, but idealy 4 would be great. However when factoring many costs involved the best thing to do is keep it at 2 so that i can provide them with the best life and medical care possible should anything ever arise.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I currently have 2, but idealy 4 would be great. However when factoring many costs involved the best thing to do is keep it at 2 so that i can provide them with the best life and medical care possible should anything ever arise.

That's very true. Best of luck to you and your piggies

LitaRutherford

Cavy Slave
I have three. Was just planning on two till Bear was abandoned at the pet store. I visited him for a month and no one was ever interested in him. Finally I worked out a new cage (which i needed to do anyway) and made it just big enough for three boys. So Bear came home with me. Its technically enough space but I want to give them their own room someday. I'd remove my loveseat and give them even more room now but that wouldnt be fair to the cats. XD

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I have three. Was just planning on two till Bear was abandoned at the pet store. I visited him for a month and no one was ever interested in him. Finally I worked out a new cage (which i needed to do anyway) and made it just big enough for three boys. So Bear came home with me. Its technically enough space but I want to give them their own room someday. I'd remove my loveseat and give them even more room now but that wouldnt be fair to the cats. XD

That's so sad that he was in the store so long and was still there a month later. He's probably so happy you took him home. Good luck with everything. I'm hoping that I can give my piggies their own room too.

kendalm7

Cavy Slave
i have one little boy harvey and he is my first pig so i only wanted to get one at first to make sure i had the time and care and money and i do and i have money for more
& of course love! im like obsesssed with my piggy and i am deffently alwasy going to be a piggy owner!! now i wish i had one more! my cage is a c&c fleece bedding 2x3 but if i have unlimited money & time then i would dream of having a whole room of just a giant c&c cage with so many rescue piggys! i wish :p

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
i have one little boy harvey and he is my first pig so i only wanted to get one at first to make sure i had the time and care and money and i do and i have money for more
& of course love! im like obsesssed with my piggy and i am deffently alwasy going to be a piggy owner!! now i wish i had one more! my cage is a c&c fleece bedding 2x3 but if i have unlimited money & time then i would dream of having a whole room of just a giant c&c cage with so many rescue piggys! i wish :p

I feel like having guinea pigs is an addiction or an obsession. I wish I had a room just for my piggies too. It seems like most of us on here want that for our piggies. Where do you live by? I'm looking to give my baby piggies a home when they are born and turn 3 weeks old. I will be putting up a post on here when the time comes

kendalm7

Cavy Slave
NH and i will think about it & look up that post later!:)

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave

Triksey

Cavy Slave
hi... i've had triksey for a while now and decided she needed friends, so brought home 2 more girls from the local shelter....Lilly and Cocoa... i've been thinking about how to arrange the family room to make room for more!!

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
hi... i've had triksey for a while now and decided she needed friends, so brought home 2 more girls from the local shelter....Lilly and Cocoa... i've been thinking about how to arrange the family room to make room for more!!

I hope they are happy together and get along. How many more are you interested in getting?

CaliMoo

Cavy Slave
Aww cute name. Hopefully you are able to move out sometime soon and when you're ready. I hope you also find the right companion for Cali as well. Good luck with her and with school

i will be done with school soon so im hoping i will be able to as well. i hope i find her a buddy that she'll like as well :) thank you very much!

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
i will be done with school soon so im hoping i will be able to as well. i hope i find her a buddy that she'll like as well :) thank you very much!

No problem lol. You're welcome

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Awww. I hope you are able to find her 2 great companions for her. Good luck with everything

Thanks! She is such a loving tricky piggy I hope I can find the best piggy friends for her!

Triksey

Cavy Slave
hi @mommmyof2... we have an 8x2 with lofts on one side of our family room and 5 hamster cages on the other...so it'll take some creative space planning and getting rid of some more kid toys (lol) to make room for at least another 4x2..... i don't think triksey has ever seen piggies before (she's about 3yrs) so i've had a divider for several weeks.... i'm going to modify the lofts this week and open it up for all of them....

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
hi @mommmyof2 ... we have an 8x2 with lofts on one side of our family room and 5 hamster cages on the other...so it'll take some creative space planning and getting rid of some more kid toys (lol) to make room for at least another 4x2..... i don't think triksey has ever seen piggies before (she's about 3yrs) so i've had a divider for several weeks.... i'm going to modify the lofts this week and open it up for all of them....

Oh wow. I'm surprised she hasn't seen or been with any other piggies. That's a big cage. Good luck with joining them all together. I hope all goes well with that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.