Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece Cozy Caves!

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
So I like to sew for my girls when I have time. I came up with this cozy that would double as a house, basically I took the instructions for the cuddle cups and modified them a lot (think 2 cuddle cups sew together sorta). Anywho! I've made 3 of these now, each one getting better, especially since the last one I made I actually got paid for :).

Here is my Tiger Lily modeling my latest cozy which I made for my friends manly piglet.
DSC_1055.jpg

The orange is fleece and the camo dinosaurs are actually flannel (I couldn't pass us such cute fabric!).The cozy itself is reversible, so the orange can be on the outside as well.
DSC_1058.jpg

This is my first cozy... Charlie liked to sleep on top of it. This one is all fleece.
cozy 2.jpg

This is my newest personal cozy, big enough for 2 piggies! Made completely of fleece.
cozy3.jpg

Here is Tiger trying it out, this one has matching fleece pads.
cozy4.jpg

Anywho, I thought I would share my newest creations! As I've made more my skills have gotten better! I even started measuring instead of just winging it!

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh you must teach us!!!

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
@millsma , I'm working on it! I kinda forgot to take pictures at every step last time, so I may have an excuse to make another one now!

ktatum

Cavy Slave

boofp

Cavy Slave
Looks great

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Great job! Will you make me one :)

I have one that only sits on his fleece tunnels as well-silly boys.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
Thank you all :). I will have to work on a tutorial this weekend, I have more fleece to use up! I stopped taking pictures on my last one after I cut everything out and didn't start again until it was done! My sewing machine was being a pain so I was more concentrated on just getting it done.

mandy1202001

Cavy Slave
Wow, these are absolutely adorable. Please do post instructions, I'd love to make one as well. I'd also be interested in ordering one if you decide to make and sell them. Kudos

Murk21

Cavy Slave
Love those cozies!! I've only learned how to sew because of my piggies. I'm definitely not the best sewer but your cozies look like they'd be fun to make!!

adelore

Cavy Slave
What a great idea. You did a great job. I love them.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Those are adorable, great job! I love the pic of Charlie on top of it, silly little guy!

Tensonstar

Cavy Slave
im making one asap! your piggy models are so cute!

pawner69

Cavy Slave
Those are adorable! I am attempting my first hidey houses this weekend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking cotton outside with some batting as the linings to help them stay up and of course fleece inside with an extra changeable pad.

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave
Adorable! I have something just like this, it's called a Sqube, I brought it off of ebay. I love the idea that you could take the inside out, mine use their 'sqube' all of the time and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get all the poops and fur out!

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I will definitely post instructions probably Friday or Saturday! I'm not sure I will be going into business selling things as I'm knee deep in homework/projects/tests right now. Maybe sometime in the summer I can do some custom orders but for now I shall stay local with my pig friends.

Those are adorable! I am attempting my first hidey housed this weekend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking cotton outside with some batting as the linings to help them stay up and of course fleece inside with an extra changeable pad.

Tips would be sewing one layer of batting to the outside fabric ane another layer to the inside fabric. Seriously it makes things easier!

It can be done with cotton, I honestly used flannel because it was cheaper and cute. And 2 layera of batting seems to hold it up pretty well.

These are super easy to clean the inside liner is looser and only attached at the front hole so it can be shaken out. My little pad things are easy to change out as well :).

_Cass_

Cavy Slave
:eek:hmy: Me want...........

tntpros

Cavy Slave
Those look really nice!!

Amy262

Cavy Slave
I would LOVE step by step directions! I have made several cuddle cups from the tutorial on here. I can sew, but need the directions, as I'm not very good at experimenting. Lol!!

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
@Amy262 I am still working on the directions! I've had a super busy week of school and it's only Tuesday, so hopefully this Thursday or Friday I will have enough time to work some more on them (I'm hoping for snow and ice so I won't have to go to class!). Unfortunately naps are higher on my list of things to do than sewing.

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
@Amy262 I am still working on the directions! I've had a super busy week of school and it's only Tuesday, so hopefully this Thursday or Friday I will have enough time to work some more on them (I'm hoping for snow and ice so I won't have to go to class!). Unfortunately naps are higher on my list of things to do than sewing.

GPOY!!!! Amen girl! I hope you get a little less stressed as the week goes on because I would love to see those pictures and tutorials. Also, the pigture of both of them in the cozy cave while eating their veggies is hilarious to me. They look so agitated that you would even DARE to take a picture of them at that time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.