Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Saw this post on Craigslist NJ

crafter

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What an adorable little guy. I hope someone good can get him fast before he ends up as snake food. Never, EVER advertise a guinea pig free to a good home.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
What a sweetie! When I see CL postings for free piggies, I sometimes email the poster and let them know why that is a bad idea. So far, I haven't been yelled at yet and it is worth a try :). I also email posters who show a large rolling ball for the piggy to run around in.

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
@SSLee, you are braver than me. I can't even look at the posting for guinea pigs on CL. I get so upset. Some of the reasons they give for wanting to get rid of them just infuriates me. A particular running theme in my area seems to be that the kids don't pay attention to them anymore. That excuse really gets me. What values are you teaching your kids by just getting rid of something when the novelty wears off?

Thank you very much for stepping up and emailing those people. If even one guinea pig is helped you've done a good thing.

Demiba

Cavy Slave
It is actually against the rules on CL to sell animals so you can flag the post and it will be removed. I think that is the best way to react. Just my opinion, although I applaud your reaching out.

Demiba

Cavy Slave
I may have been misinformed, I was told by another group that if a rehoming fee is asked for, it is not against the rules. I am still firmly against it, but I do want to have the correct information. Does anyone know for sure?

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I may have been misinformed, I was told by another group that if a rehoming fee is asked for, it is not against the rules. I am still firmly against it, but I do want to have the correct information. Does anyone know for sure?

Offerup/Letgo and Facebook don't allow animal sales.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.