Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Anybody lives in the Greenville, SC area? Splitting hay?

GPlove94

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So I've been on the search for local horse stables and feed stores and I've finally found one with awesome orchard and Timothy hay!! The place is called b&b farm supply located in Taylors, SC. Anyways their hay looks awesome and they specialize in rabbits, goats, horses, etc. you name it. For a big bale that'll last you at least a year or more is only $17.50. Unfortunately I don't have the space to store 50-130lbs of hay so I was seeing if anybody live in the Greenville, Greer, Taylors area to split the price and bale of hay.

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
1 state seperates us. I so would do that, but Im not paying shipping lol. Im sure you will find somone! Maybe somone has some goats that need hay near you. I dont know. But I think that is a chain company because we have a b&b near us.

Another thing is you could ask to split the bale and price. We are doing that with our chorotherm. We are paying 15-25 dollars for what we need instead of 30 dollars for the whole sheet.

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
I live close to Greenville, but I wouldn't have a place to store it. Sounds like a good deal though!

GPlove94

Cavy Slave
Another thing is you could ask to split the bale and price. We are doing that with our chorotherm. We are paying 15-25 dollars for what we need instead of 30 dollars for the whole sheet.

I'll call and see if its possible to split the bale thanks for the idea about splitting with people that have other animals.

GPlove94

Cavy Slave
I live close to Greenville, but I wouldn't have a place to store it. Sounds like a good deal though!

It's okay I'll try to figure something out.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Why not buy it and donate the rest to your local shelter or rescue? I always donate a portion of the hay I buy.

GPlove94

Cavy Slave
Why not buy it and donate the rest to your local shelter or rescue? I always donate a portion of the hay I buy.

I don't know of any near by shelter that needs hay most of them are dog and cat rescues. The nearest small animal shelter I know of is 3-4 hours.

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
I know of one rescue site in Greenwood...its called Big Oaks Rescue the owners name is Joe Mann (I believe) he rescues horses, donkeys, pigs, sheep, deer...anything bascially. He'd probably appreciate some donations!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.