Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Guinea pig attacked by dog

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
@Brittany Burdo some vets will allow you to set up a payment plan if you can't pay the bill right away! I know how it is to be tight on money, it took me a month to save up for my males neuter procedure.
I would email your vet and see if they would let you do a payment plan!

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
@Brittany Burdo some vets will allow you to set up a payment plan if you can't pay the bill right away! I know how it is to be tight on money, it took me a month to save up for my males neuter procedure.
I would email your vet and see if they would let you do a payment plan!

Name one. I am 49 years old and only have seen seen 6 different vets in my animals lives but not one ever set up a payment plan.

mdodge

Cavy Slave
I think bpatters was defending her and saying her family should of listened to her and not act like it was nothing...when you pick her up or pet her does she not want to be touched in certain places?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Lagertha, [MENTION=30784]mdodge[/MENTION], what I was saying is that it shouldn't matter to her whether her family calls her paranoid or not if it affects the safety of her guinea pig. My family could rattle on about paranoia all day, but if I closed the door and kept my guinea pig safe, I wouldn't care what they called me.

mdodge

Cavy Slave
In Philadelphia one of the university vet hospitals think it's university of Penn.the downside to it is it costs 140 just to walk through the door

mdodge

Cavy Slave
I was thinking of the care plan they have .from what people have said if you go there and you don't have the funds you can apply for the care plan.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
@lunarminx The vet I JUST took my little man to allows payment plans. There moto is literally "We understand that unexpected emergencies happen and with them come unexpected costs. We understand that and can work to make a manageable payment plan for you!"
There is another vet I was considering in the town over that also allows payment plans and yet another vet an hour away that also will help set up a payment plan. All of them are for over a 6 month period.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
@bpatters - She did have the door closed, it just wasn't locked. My whole point though was that endlessly badgering her isn't going to change what happened. She understands that she could have locked the door, that she could have had her family lock it, and that because it wasn't locked her pig got attacked. She gets it. What she needs now is information and a support system: not a judge and jury.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
@lunarminx The payment plan will also only be set up if you request it.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
Name one. I am 49 years old and only have seen seen 6 different vets in my animals lives but not one ever set up a payment plan.

First off, I never pictured you 49, I always pictured you like 33. :)

I actually do know of a couple value vets that do offer payment plans in the poorer neighborhoods of my city. I think they only offer limited services, and I doubt they see exotics, but I once borrowed a friend $700 she owed to pay off a payment plan at a vet when her cat was really sick because they wouldn't see him again until she paid off what she owed. FYI, never borrow your friend $700 because you won't get it back.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
What the pig needs right now is a vet. It was attacked 4 days ago and has yet to get anything in the way of medical treatment. It's been sitting, most likely in pain for 4 days. To allow it to suffer is cruel. If they can't afford it, get it to someone to can afford it but in the end it needs veterinary care.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
First off, I never pictured you 49, I always pictured you like 33. :)

I actually do know of a couple value vets that do offer payment plans in the poorer neighborhoods of my city. I think they only offer limited services, and I doubt they see exotics, but I once borrowed a friend $700 she owed to pay off a payment plan at a vet when her cat was really sick because they wouldn't see him again until she paid off what she owed. FYI, never borrow your friend $700 because you won't get it back.

Sorry your friend did not pay you back. That is like loaning money to a family member. Nope, 40, kids are grown with one grand child. The piggies are his, got one and than more because his small pets at home kept dying. I guess it is where you go, if the vet makes payment plans.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
@bpatters - She did have the door closed, it just wasn't locked. My whole point though was that endlessly badgering her isn't going to change what happened. She understands that she could have locked the door, that she could have had her family lock it, and that because it wasn't locked her pig got attacked. She gets it. What she needs now is information and a support system: not a judge and jury.

I don't know where in the world you got that she was being badgered and judged. I also don't see how a Jack Russell terrier could open a door that was shut, whether it was locked or not.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
None of them (my mom and my granny) expected our bigger dog to open the door at this time except for me, and at this time it was very difficult for me to get around. My big dog jumped up and opened the door with his paw. If I asked them to lock it for me they'd just say I'm paranoid.
[MENTION=13918]foggycreekcavy[/MENTION] The majority of what I have read on this thread is people picking at her for what happened. That isn't going to help anyone, it isn't constructive criticism, and to me that is badgering. Also, it wasn't the Jack Russell that opened the door, it was their bigger dog. I got it from here, her post. I know as a fact that a Jack Russell is more than capable of jumping up and opening a door. My older sister has a jack russell puppy and he jumped up and opened the bathroom door and took off when we were trying to give him a bath. The door handle looks like this: Door_Handle-300x300.jpg
It is beyond easy for them to open doors with handles like that. I've watched my sisters puppy jump as high as 4 feet up.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Oh, so you know what type of door knob they had?

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
The OP hadn't been back so how about we just let it go [MENTION=35373]Lagertha[/MENTION]. At this point you are the one badgering. Moving on....

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
@barbaramudge I was simply replying to what was directed towards me.

and [MENTION=13918]foggycreekcavy[/MENTION] I don't know what kind of door knob she has, but I assume if her bigger dog was able to open the door then that is the kind she might have. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from speaking to me like I am a 2 year old. I was simply trying to make a point, which I did, and will be leaving it at that. Thank you.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Folks, this has devolved into nonsense now. Arguing over what kind of doorknob the door had? Good grief! What does it matter at this point? Has anyone even taken time out to notice that the OP hasn't posted in 4 days? Let's wait for [MENTION=18871]Brittany Burdo[/MENTION] to let us know what the vet said.

In the mean time, I suggest everyone take a deep breath and step back for a minute. Do not go further down this rabbit hole. If this kind of bickering continues, this thread will be closed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.