Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Update on Alex and Alexis

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
Me and Alexis are beginning to bond and me and Alex's bond is very great for them to only have been here for 1 week and a day. I groomed Alex today and it wasn't a problem. As Alexis went crazy looking for Alex, she didn't let it phase her and she laid there and relaxed like it was a mini spa day. I thought that Alexis' groomtime was going to be a headache , but i thought wrong. Alexis laid there and enjoyed her grooming time. She loved being pampered, she didn't go crazy looking for Alex. Alexis even crawled up my shirt and licked me on my nose when i was done grooming her. At one point Alexis went to sleep on me. I had a conversation with Alex and Alexis and they seemed to enjoy it.
Today i bought them a hayrack and a willow wood barbell toy. They're in love with the willow wood barbell, they haven't stopped nibbling on it ever since that have had it. Their new favorite hangout spot is , right next to the hayrack.
Im glad that every thing is starting to shape up. It feels so good to see Alex and Alexis improve.

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

MummyOf5Piggies

Cavy Slave
Well that's good they are settling in very good! In the last picture compared to the tunnel the piggie looks so tiny compared to it! Cute pictures!:)

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
Well that's good they are settling in very good! In the last picture compared to the tunnel the piggie looks so tiny compared to it! Cute pictures!:)
Awww, i know they're still babies, I will tell Alex and Alexis what you said

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
See. Time and patience goes further than frustration and anger. They will probably still occasionally "regress" when exposed to new environments, but they will learn to trust you as long as you don't give them a reason not to.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
I agree you just have to be patient! Sometimes you will just take a big step backwards with the way they behave! Today we came home from being gone all day and our piggies were totally freaked out and I have no idea why! They were in my son's room with the door closed and no one was here all day but when we came home they acted like something had been after them! They wouldn't even come out to eat their veggies! I kept talking softly to them and would get them to come to me so I could scratch their heads and now they are back to normal.

Dandreking22

Cavy Slave
I agree you just have to be patient! Sometimes you will just take a big step backwards with the way they behave! Today we came home from being gone all day and our piggies were totally freaked out and I have no idea why! They were in my son's room with the door closed and no one was here all day but when we came home they acted like something had been after them! They wouldn't even come out to eat their veggies! I kept talking softly to them and would get them to come to me so I could scratch their heads and now they are back to normal.

I understand now. I will just have to get use to it. We all go backwards in life

megziepoo

Cavy Slave
What cuties! Glad they are doing wel :) and I love the smurf fleece!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.