Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Aggression then popcorning?

ShayPiggiesnHam

Cavy Slave
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew what this behavior between two piggies still working through dominance means. Two of my three piggies pichu and winry will frequently have a dominance exchange where pichu will walk up to nip at winry, scare her by nipping and then popcorning away. Is this friendly or not? It's kind of hard to tell.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
It sounds like she's just being playful. My boys used to do the same, only with other dominance behaviors, such as chasing and mounting. I wouldn't worry about it unless Pichu is doing it constantly and Winry is crying out in pain every time (or blood is drawn, of course).

fluffbutt

Cavy Slave
I'm with [MENTION=38487]CavyTV[/MENTION]. My boys stir each other up quite a bit and run away popcorning. If they're poocorning, they're happy, so I wouldn't worry!

Like CavyTV said, if you hear loud screeching or proper agression with blood, then you need to step in.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

Shieme

Cavy Slave
Yeah, piggies love to tease and aggravate each other. I bet when you are cleaning, they try to ruin your attemp. At least mine do. It's how they play. Unless you have bedding. I have towels and moving blankets. So I have to spot clean every night and they get in my way but when I want cuddles or petting, heck no. They hide. The little buggers but I love them.

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave

ShayPiggiesnHam

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the replies:) Shieme mine do the same thing too. They even start popcorning when I sweep up, I guess they love a clean cage.

Shieme

Cavy Slave
They love the attention too! They want it but they don't. It like their instinct is to hide when you pick them up but if you are cleaning and when it is done, happy days!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.