Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What will your pigs be getting for the holidays?

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
HELP ok so I wanna give my guinea pigs cuddle cups and cozy sacks but I want to sew more than one so if one gets dirty and I can change it I have two guinea pigs female and there both adults,my question is if I want to make at least 4 cuddle cups and 4 cozy sacks how many yard of fleece would I need ????
it depends on big you want them to be
I got mine some more fleece for bedding,willow barbell, and a twigloo. It seems like the only chew toy mine likes is the willow balls. Do any of you have piggies like that?

Last edited:

emsillly

Cavy Slave
I saw that people have put little couches in their cage and i am for sure going to get them at least one if not one for both of them.
And they will be getting corn in their stocking
they "wrote" their own christmas list so i have a lot of things to choose from but i know for certain those two things

Crazy Cavies

Cavy Slave
I'm especially excited about my piggie's Christmas gifts. I've got them a fleece tunnel, cuddle sack, and pod house from @PeeweesPiggyPalace, and I'm absolutely in love with them! I cannot sew to save my life, so I was glad to get these for my fleece-loving pigs.:) I might get them a Piggy Party Patio, depending if I have any money left... And I'm pretty sure Santa will bring them some hay twists in their stockings too.;) And, of course the all important Christmas feast will be held. (cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, bell pepper...):)

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
There's going to be a lot of happy piggies this Christmas, that's for sure. :D

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
@Guinea_lover327

It depends what you plan to make, and how pig.

For 4 cuddle cups and 4 cozy sacks I would say a couple meters of inner fabric and outer fabric at least !

I don't work in yards, sorry. Only meters for this Canadian gal.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
First off, a wonderful Christmas Dinner. Second, trying out fleece in their cage. Third, I'm going to make them a fleece forest.

Tensonstar

Cavy Slave
yummy turkey shappened veggie dinner, a cuddle cup, wood chews, a big tunnel and a neww bigger cage :3

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
cuddle cups (covered with fresh veggies morning of xmas) and two new tunnels.

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
Makes me wish Snowy liked more than spinach and carrots. No matter how hard I try, he won't eat anything else. So, he's getting the same old food Xmas day LOL

soopermum62

Cavy Slave
Daisy and Flower are getting a new cage a few days before Christmas, with Fleece bedding. (It is supposed to arrive today), any thing else I can find in the pet store that is good for them to nibble on, and if I can get myself to the sewing machine maybe a couple of cuddle cups...

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
I'm mostly getting the pigs love for Christmas, nothing can beat that! xD Though they are getting a few presents from me and family members who love them. The pigs even have their own stocking. So far I've ordered them a crinkle tunnel, and a few other little things. Plus they will be getting their cage upgraded to a 2x6 with a 2x6 connection in the shape of an "L" Other than that they are getting presents from others, and a great piggy feast!

Bella (My dog) On the other hand I can't help but spend most of my money on. I love the pigs so much, but Bella's been working quite hard this year as my ESA/Service dog in training, so I think she deserves a bit of spoiling. :D So far from me she's getting... A bone shaped puzzle, the kind you hide treats in and they have to shuffle it around to find them, and a new clicker. Some Stella and Chewy raw freeze dried food one beef and one lamb to use as training treats, or for when I forget to thaw her raw prey model food the night before, and also an antler chew. Spoiled rotten pup! That stuff and buying the guinea pigs a tunnel, a few toys, and grids took up all my birthday money! :crazy: The only thing I got with it was a box of Pocky, the rest went to my pets.

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
Sounds like where most of my money still goes even as an adult LOL

Guinea_lover327
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Guinea_lover327
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

mamattorney

Cavy Slave
If they can be patient and celebrate Christmas/Hanukkah (we celebrate both at home) a little late; a couple of lucky guinea pigs will get a forever home with us for the holidays!

LitaRutherford

Cavy Slave
I just ordered my boys their gifts, though they will have to wait till after Christmas. XD They are fighting over their hammocks and hideys so I ordered them a new set of fleece hideys and new hay holders off of Etsy. They are gonna be in fun Christmas/Winter patterns to! (all the same so they can't pick favorite colors. I swear my boys have favorite colors) It'll be Christmas in January when they get them, hehe!

korryn92

Cavy Slave
HELP ok so I wanna give my guinea pigs cuddle cups and cozy sacks but I want to sew more than one so if one gets dirty and I can change it I have two guinea pigs female and there both adults,my question is if I want to make at least 4 cuddle cups and 4 cozy sacks how many yards of fleece would I need ????

I think about a yard each should be good for a cuddle cup. I bought a lot of extra fleece when I got it for my liners and made two cups and had leftovers for other things with about two yards. But to be safe just in case for mistakes and depending how big you want them I would go for a yard each because you can always make a fleecey forest from the scraps.

Hope this helps!
:)

Last edited:

Lucille

Cavy Slave
I'm mostly getting the pigs love for Christmas, nothing can beat that!

You've got that right!!

I'm buying stuff for outfitting their cage with fleece. I found better buys online so it may be a little after the holidays before I have everything together, but I think they will like it.

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
DSCF9641.jpg

This is the first bit of gifts. 4 new liners and 4 new cups. I am still waiting on an order from the US and my FIL is getting the rest of the lumber for their new cages.

Seems we are all spoiling our pigs this x-mas! Just as it should be :D

squishycar

Cavy Slave
image.jpg
Luna got her present early, a humongous cage upgrade! The blue store bought cage was what she had. I had o wait until she was big enough not o get her head stuck in the grids (happened during floor time, she was fine though, I was upset.)

she is also getting yummy Oxbow treats, some Purina treats (decent ingredient list surprisingly)' applewood chews, a knobby knot wood ball, a wicker ball, and I think that's it.

My spoiled kitties are getting a cardboard castle, toys, and treats.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.