Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Momi, pregnant update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angie901

Cavy Slave
You'd be better off waiting until you move to get another one. You don't know what the situation will be with the amount of room you'll have for a cage and moving will be stressful on the guinea pigs. Once you settle in, then you should figure out if you have enough space for their cage and start looking. I'd take it slow and think it through.
Oh thank you but my parents always make sure that there is enough room for the piggies. they would never move into a house without room for the piggies.

angie901

Cavy Slave
@angie901

I have been away from this thread for a while. I read how Momi died and I got very scared and sad for you. And then I read the baby died...... I am so sorry for your loss. You did all you could. You have experienced first hand why you should never purchase anything from a pet store.

I have found a seemingly big rescue specifically for Cavies in Aurora. Not sure how close that is to Denver. And that is where the recent shooting took place at the movie theater...... Here it is:

Cavy Care Inc :: Guinea Pig Shelter and Sanctuary

Also a recent link posted at Guinea Pig Zone and posted in a thread at this forum. It hasn't been adopted yet, according to the ad.

Guinea Pigs in denver, Colorado - Guinea pig needs a new forever home DENVER, co

Also a few more links:

Doesn't say the two have been adopted:

Guinea Pigs in Greeley, Colorado - 2 Female and 2 Male Guinea Pigs seek loving home! Everything included!

Also here is a list of ETC.. rescues in Colorado:

Colorado Pet Shelters and Animal Rescue

__

Good luck Angie! Lots of love and LOW, or "Lots Of Wheeks" from my girls!

:)

Also check Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder and craigslist: washington, DC classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events for more ideas.

Good luck Angie!

aww thanks so much for the links! do you have anything for utah? I hope we move to colorado because there is so many places to get piggies!

angie901

Cavy Slave
Yes Angie do remember what pinky said, I just was giving you ideas.

You don't wanna jump right back into it.

Also, for all of the areas you COULD be moving to, none are barren of small animals. Trust me, a quick search on the name of each state/city and the word "guinea pigs" or "small animals" brings up a ton of results. So if you searched "texas small animal rescues" you would find something.

Good luck, again!

thanks. I really do want one. I'm going to wait to move though.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave

Thanks.

Keep us posted in this thread when any advancements are made! Good luck!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Oh thank you but my parents always make sure that there is enough room for the piggies. they would never move into a house without room for the piggies.

You talked about selling them once before in another thread where you said you didn't have enough room. If you don't know where you are moving to, you have no idea how much room you'll have there. It wouldn't be fair to the guinea pig if you get it and realize you don't have enough space. How soon are you moving?

angie901

Cavy Slave

angie901

Cavy Slave
You talked about selling them once before in another thread where you said you didn't have enough room. If you don't know where you are moving to, you have no idea how much room you'll have there. It wouldn't be fair to the guinea pig if you get it and realize you don't have enough space. How soon are you moving?

In a couple days. my parents just said they are getting a really big house. I'm going to ask them where.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
In a couple days. my parents just said they are getting a really big house. I'm going to ask them where.

Ask them to be more specific and make sure they have a spot for the Pigs before you move.

Also, no problem for the links! I appreciate it. And, it would be very easy for you to continue searching for wherever you move to, just type in the name of the city in a search engine, and then type in "small animal rescue" or "guinea pigs" or "small animal" and you will find many results. Also use Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder and craigslist: washington, DC classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events for plenty more options.

angie901

Cavy Slave
Ask them to be more specific and make sure they have a spot for the Pigs before you move.

Also, no problem for the links! I appreciate it. And, it would be very easy for you to continue searching for wherever you move to, just type in the name of the city in a search engine, and then type in "small animal rescue" or "guinea pigs" or "small animal" and you will find many results. Also use Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder and craigslist: washington, DC classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events for plenty more options.

Thanks. My parents just said it was in utah. in like murray I think.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Thanks. My parents just said it was in utah. in like murray I think.

I don't understand why your parents are being difficult. Ask them exactly where the house is and ask them if there will be enough room for Pigs. (obviously no address, Zip Code and we can be very specific or just City and that would be enough) You are their child, you have a right to know where you are moving. It is a big change for you! Good luck with moving in itself! ;)

And even then don't just go on their words, and look for yourself when you move.. This can just give us an idea.

Good luck!

angie901

Cavy Slave
I don't understand why your parents are being difficult. Ask them exactly where the house is and ask them if there will be enough room for Pigs. (obviously no address, Zip Code and we can be very specific or just City and that would be enough) You are their child, you have a right to know where you are moving. It is a big change for you! Good luck with moving in itself! ;)

And even then don't just go on their words, and look for yourself when you move.. This can just give us an idea.

Good luck!

Okay sorry for the lack of comunication. they said exactly Utah murray and the house is really big. they showed me pics. so we are moving in 4 to 5 days. Is that better? any more info?

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Okay sorry for the lack of comunication. they said exactly Utah murray and the house is really big. they showed me pics. so we are moving in 4 to 5 days. Is that better? any more info?

That's fine. :)

Very lucky for you Angie!

Murray is the home of the Utah Humane Society: AND THEY HAVE PIGGIES!

Take a look:

(broken link removed)

Quite a few Pigs! Good luck!

That is just one place in Murray, there should be more. You can look yourself, again, on Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder or craigslist: washington, DC classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Good luck and this makes me happy for you!

WHEEEEEKS!

pinky

Cavy Slave

If you're moving in 4 to 5 days, you're best off waiting and getting settled in. The other thing I'd suggest is to completely disinfect everything you had in your cage. I think you mentioned that you had a hamster that died from wet tail. It's bacterial so I wonder if that might have been a contributing factor with the death of your guinea pigs. I ordinarily don't use bleach but I think you should completely disassemble your cage and soak it in a diluted bleach solution and rinse very well and then clean it out with a diluted water and vinegar solution to neutralize any residue. If you use fleece, that needs to be disinfected, too. I'd toss the bottles and get new ones and get rid of anything porous like wood.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
If you're moving in 4 to 5 days, you're best off waiting and getting settled in. The other thing I'd suggest is to completely disinfect everything you had in your cage. I think you mentioned that you had a hamster that died from wet tail. It's bacterial so I wonder if that might have been a contributing factor with the death of your guinea pigs. I ordinarily don't use bleach but I think you should completely disassemble your cage and soak it in a diluted bleach solution and rinse very well and then clean it out with a diluted water and vinegar solution to neutralize any residue. If you use fleece, that needs to be disinfected, too. I'd toss the bottles and get new ones and get rid of anything porous like wood.

I agree about disinfecting the cage. But she has said to you and I that she is going to wait to look into getting the Pigs until after she has moved and is settled in.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I agree about disinfecting the cage. But she has said to you and I that she is going to wait to look into getting the Pigs until after she has moved and is settled in.

I was just agreeing that she's doing the right thing by waiting.

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
If you do move to colorado let me know! I live in boulder, only about an hour from denver and I would love to have you adopt one (or more!) of my pigs. <3 Cavy care is run by amazing people. They have been a great help to us.

angie901

Cavy Slave

Take a look:

(broken link removed)

That is just one place in Murray, there should be more. You can look yourself, again, on Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder or craigslist: washington, DC classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

WHEEEEEKS!

aww thanks! That's great! I should see how close our house is to the humane society! Thanks for your help zuidy!!

angie901

Cavy Slave

Okay thanks for the advice. My hamster died in a completely different part of my house. But I will disinfect everything.I don't have the money to get new fleece but I will wash it over and over and over till I think it's okay. I keep posting that I'm going to wait and settle in before getting a new pig. Sorry for the miss communication.

angie901

Cavy Slave

Take a look:

(broken link removed)

WHEEEEEKS!

Hey zuidy thanks for the link but they don't have any girls except a girl that is over 2 years. I want young ones so they can get to know me. Is there anywere else you know of that might have some young ones? I will look too.

angie901

Cavy Slave
If you do move to colorado let me know! I live in boulder, only about an hour from denver and I would love to have you adopt one (or more!) of my pigs. <3 Cavy care is run by amazing people. They have been a great help to us.

Oh I wish. but we have already chosen to move to utah. Well my parents did. I didn't really have any say in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.