Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Towels new to Fleece any advice

Fick2010

Cavy Slave
I started using fleece about 3 days ago. I'm not using the fleece flippers since they are so expensive. I'm thinking about asking for them for Christmas. :) right now I'm just using towels with fleece over top. Does anyone have any helpful hints for me? Right now I spot clean poop out twice a day

Attachments

20131105_221617.jpg

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Why not make your own fleece flippers? Just type in "Fleece Flipper Tutorial" on Youtube.
And if you're absolutely terrible at sewing (Like me), then you can always make a no-sew fleece liner: https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...nd-testing-my-no-sew-cage-liners-Check-it-out.
Also, you might want to have a try using U-haul pads as your absorbent layer, a lot more people prefer it over towels.
Your cage is adorable, I especially love the cute owl fleece.

Fick2010

Cavy Slave
Ok thank you so much for the link. Ill have to try it. Ill look into the uhaul pads.

tiffanyspiggies

Cavy Slave
I started using fleece about 3 days ago. I'm not using the fleece flippers since they are so expensive. I'm thinking about asking for them for Christmas. :) right now I'm just using towels with fleece over top. Does anyone have any helpful hints for me? Right now I spot clean poop out twice a day

Hey :)
How did you make your cage with the top? I can see some sort of support structure and I was wondering how you attached it and what it was, because I also have a cover but mine droops down because there is no structure to support it.

Thanks!

TwoMissPiggies

Cavy Slave
My set up right now is just like yours. I do change the fleece every few days until I can buy a uhaul pad.

Fick2010

Cavy Slave
My husband actually out it together. I believe it came with the support. Did you buy it covered or did you make it? I've seen people just use wood polls. As support before. He attached it using zipties.

tiffanyspiggies

Cavy Slave
My husband actually out it together. I believe it came with the support. Did you buy it covered or did you make it? I've seen people just use wood polls. As support before. He attached it using zipties.

I made my cover with more c and c panels but it was a bit of a fail and made it really hard for me to clean the cage. Thanks for the tip :) :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.