Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior The most shy pig ever i have seen ... he is two days in his hut :(

bonbonayasweet

Cavy Slave
hi all i got a new guinea pig he is a pew Slikie pig i have others guinea pig in the same cage abby/pruvian Pew and an american when i put him he standed in the same place and they get to him tried to play but he doesn't give any reaction after that he went to his home so i can't see him any more he is in his home now for one day and have :( i don't know what to do shall i get the home out or carry him ? they love him the other pigs don't fight against him i can't even get some pics because i can't see him

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
give him some time to get used to the environment. he may not always be in his hidey, just hides when humans come around perhaps?

try to handfeed him :)

if you do not get to see him out of the hidey soon, perhaps you could take him out to check for any wounds JUST in case he might be being bullied without you knowing

bonbonayasweet

Cavy Slave
give him some time to get used to the environment. he may not always be in his hidey, just hides when humans come around perhaps?

try to handfeed him :)

if you do not get to see him out of the hidey soon, perhaps you could take him out to check for any wounds JUST in case he might be being bullied without you knowing

fine i removed the hidey because he comes just a little aout and can't get food so i carry him now twice a day and hand feed him i feel like he is sick his fur and eyes are fine but i think he is sick :( i will wait for that week if i saw any symptom i will get him to the vet thanks alot

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
He might just be shy. Did you quarantine him for 2 weeks prior to intros? How did you introduce them? The guinea pig I just got has been in her hidey for close to 2 weeks. I know she is fine because she eats all her pellets, veggies, and she drinks her water. Both our pigs are just scared because of then new environments, new smells, and new pets/people.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Is he able to walk? If you put him back in the cage and move his house on the other end of the cage, how quickly does he move there? Is he dragging his feet? What do you mean by the others trying to get him to play? What are you feeding him? Where is the cage located?

bonbonayasweet

Cavy Slave
He might just be shy. Did you quarantine him for 2 weeks prior to intros? How did you introduce them? The guinea pig I just got has been in her hidey for close to 2 weeks. I know she is fine because she eats all her pellets, veggies, and she drinks her water. Both our pigs are just scared because of then new environments, new smells, and new pets/people.

what do you mean by quarantine him for 2 weeks prior to intros ? i introduce him by puting him with other 2 pigs they love him so much but he don't give them attention i removed the hidey because he doesn't eat ( the amount of food is all taken by other pigs he just goes out every 5 hour) maybe they are just scared i was afraid of an inner sickness

bonbonayasweet

Cavy Slave
Is he able to walk? If you put him back in the cage and move his house on the other end of the cage, how quickly does he move there? Is he dragging his feet? What do you mean by the others trying to get him to play? What are you feeding him? Where is the cage located?
yes he is able to walk but not so fast he is the much slower than the others he tries to move hard but he is not fast yes he is dragging on all of his feet the two other guinea pig try to lick him playing with his fur sleeping next to him but he doesn't give any reaction the cage is located in the living room on the floor

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
why don't you put his hidey closer to the food and water. unless he has trouble walking, then he might need a vet

pinky

Cavy Slave
I meant it as a kindness to you. People seem to be aggressive with their questions, and I'm guessing that perhaps you don't live in the US nor did you grow up here?

I think those who commented are trying to be helpful by inquiring about anything that could have caused her guinea pig to retreat. If she's ill, we might be able to determine whether she needs medical care asap.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I think that without doing proper intros the pig may be feeling overwhelmed, as the other pigs scents are already in the cage.

Have you tried taking them all out onto neutral territory to see how they respond, since that is the proper way to do introductions.

Did you keep the new pig seperated for two weeks before putting them all into one cage to make sure that the new pig isn't sick?

bonbonayasweet

Cavy Slave
I meant it as a kindness to you. People seem to be aggressive with their questions, and I'm guessing that perhaps you don't live in the US nor did you grow up here?
no and english is not my mother language :D i am from Egypt ty anyway

bonbonayasweet

Cavy Slave
why don't you put his hidey closer to the food and water. unless he has trouble walking, then he might need a vet
i don't have a small hidey their hidey is so pig 3 hideys for 3 pigs so i can't but i removed the hidey so know he is eating fine i am happy for that he is scared but he eat thanks alot for your help

bonbonayasweet

Cavy Slave
I think those who commented are trying to be helpful by inquiring about anything that could have caused her guinea pig to retreat. If she's ill, we might be able to determine whether she needs medical care asap.
thanks pinky for your help nice to see you again

bonbonayasweet

Cavy Slave
I think that without doing proper intros the pig may be feeling overwhelmed, as the other pigs scents are already in the cage.

Have you tried taking them all out onto neutral territory to see how they respond, since that is the proper way to do introductions.

Did you keep the new pig seperated for two weeks before putting them all into one cage to make sure that the new pig isn't sick?

awwww i did it just for one week by my friend :S and when i got him here i put him after washing and brushing with other pigs ( also after cleaning the cage) but know he is good with other pigs he give some respond also no fights he eats but he is afraid when he see me walking or standing he will stand in a corner fast even if he was eating

Guinea_lover327
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.