Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Post your mouse pictures!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Does anyone have mice? :)
I got a mouse today, he is a long-haired black and white texel.
He is the sweetest little thing. Strangely, he loves human interaction, he will happily crawl onto my hand for snuggle time.
Pictures :)
IMG_20130625_180359.jpg
IMG_20130625_181655.jpg

skbrodie

Cavy Slave
I used to have mice, but not anymore! They are so friendly :)

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I used to have mice as well, they are such awesome little pets. I do miss having them around, but they were breaking my heart...they live such short lives (well, apart from Hermione who was one week shy of her 4th gotcha day when she passed away, she'd outlived all her cagemates by a year at that stage!). Plus with 8 pigs it's hard enough finding time to get in enough quality time with them, cage cleaning, house cleaning and work it wouldn't be fair on them.

He's a real little cutie too, I've had 11 mice over the years and all were standard shorthairs apart from Carmen...who wasn't quite a long hair, but not really a shorthair...so was just a little extra bit fluffy.

couchon

Cavy Slave
He is SO CUTE!! He looks like a stuffed animal!

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
He is absolutely adorable! I always see mice at my local pet store and think they're just the cutest things. My parents would never let me get a mouse though. :(

ANNDD... I just realized I follow you on Instagram. lol

PrincessPiggy

Cavy Slave
HE'S SO CUTE!!! Look at those big ears and that sweet little face!
I didn't know there was such a thing as a long-haired mouse. Too cute!
I've always adored mice, but I've heard they can be quite the escape artists and can be really stinky (especially the males?). Is that true?

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
HE'S SO CUTE!!! Look at those big ears and that sweet little face!
I didn't know there was such a thing as a long-haired mouse. Too cute!
I've always adored mice, but I've heard they can be quite the escape artists and can be really stinky (especially the males?). Is that true?
They are excellent at escaping, I have a humane trap waiting just in case! :D
Males do "scent mark", cleaning the cage doesn't work though, because they'll just go around and do it again once your finished.
You can get all sorts of different breeds of Fancy Mice, Satins, Agouti's, Longcoats, Rexes, Champange ect.

I used to have mice as well, they are such awesome little pets. I do miss having them around, but they were breaking my heart...they live such short lives (well, apart from Hermione who was one week shy of her 4th gotcha day when she passed away, she'd outlived all her cagemates by a year at that stage!). Plus with 8 pigs it's hard enough finding time to get in enough quality time with them, cage cleaning, house cleaning and work it wouldn't be fair on them.

He's a real little cutie too, I've had 11 mice over the years and all were standard shorthairs apart from Carmen...who wasn't quite a long hair, but not really a shorthair...so was just a little extra bit fluffy.
That's one of the reasons I put off getting a mouse in the first place, their short life-spans. 4 is an extremely impressive age. Mice also have such big personalities, it makes it really easy to get attached.
I love his long fur, it makes him look like a little sheep!

ShihTzuLover

Cavy Slave
He's precious. I had a mouse once! I loved him to death, but boy was he smelly.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
What a little cutie. I love the picture of him peeking out of the hidey sack. What did you name him?

I love that photo as well :eek: His name is Marvel (After a Character I like in a book, and because he is oh-so marvelous).

He's precious. I had a mouse once! I loved him to death, but boy was he smelly.

He surprisingly is a tidy little mouse, he only poops in his house and always has his hay organized (Wish my pigs where the same! xD) And he hasn't scent marked at all, maybe I got lucky and got a rare "tidy mouse".

Just thought I'd share some photos I took today :D

IMG_20130626_172334.jpg

A picture of him grooming:
IMG_20130626_171542.jpg

And his fabulously-fluffy coat:
IMG_20130626_171757.jpg

ShihTzuLover

Cavy Slave
Too cute!!!! Stop making me want another pet @MochaAndMoo !

DSC_0013.jpg

Here was Archie (Archibald). He was one of the most adorable pets I ever had, and the friendliest. It was devastating when he passed at two years old.. But he was so fun. He escaped once when my nephew let him get away, and when I found him he literally ran onto my hand. It was adorable. So trusting for such tiny little creatures. The mouse stink was more than worth having those two years with him!

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
All these mice are so cute!

If only I could post old pictures of my girls as well...they're all showing their ages of 2 and a half to 3 years..it's a rather sad sight to see. I miss the days when they were young, not blind and didn't have cancer...now days it's more like I'm just watching them get more old until we put them to sleep. It's really a sad sight to see with my girls. But I have fond memories of them and will also remember the great times we had together.

But. Here are two mice in my care that aren't old yet!

Meet Pirate and Squiggles! I'm mouse sitting them for 5 weeks!

1001152_610266572325986_460675_n.jpg1005402_610255202327123_631372442_n.jpg

It's 6am in the morning and Pirate and I are having some cuddles and playing!

IMG_4452.jpgIMG_4455.jpgIMG_4462.jpg

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
I love mice. The problem is, my parents don't so I'll have to wait a while before I can have any as pets.

Marvel looks like a fluffy little sheep! He's adorable. :)

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Too cute!!!! Stop making me want another pet @MochaAndMoo !

View attachment 51103

Here was Archie (Archibald). He was one of the most adorable pets I ever had, and the friendliest. It was devastating when he passed at two years old.. But he was so fun. He escaped once when my nephew let him get away, and when I found him he literally ran onto my hand. It was adorable. So trusting for such tiny little creatures. The mouse stink was more than worth having those two years with him!
Look at his little nose! :3 :love:
They are probably the most trusting pets I've had, I've only had Marvel 2 days and he trusts me completely, he will crawl onto my hand for a cuddle and fall asleep on me.

I just want to pick him up and kiss that little face. He is so adorable. He's quite photogenic. Love the grooming picture.
I have a feeling he would be a great male model, he could possibly be the next Channing Tatum xD I was told mice were super hard to photograph, but he just sits there and poses.

All these mice are so cute!

If only I could post old pictures of my girls as well...they're all showing their ages of 2 and a half to 3 years..it's a rather sad sight to see. I miss the days when they were young, not blind and didn't have cancer...now days it's more like I'm just watching them get more old until we put them to sleep. It's really a sad sight to see with my girls. But I have fond memories of them and will also remember the great times we had together.

But. Here are two mice in my care that aren't old yet!

Meet Pirate and Squiggles! I'm mouse sitting them for 5 weeks!

It's 6am in the morning and Pirate and I are having some cuddles and playing!

I love pirates little eye patch! :eek:
I am really not looking forward to their short lifespans :c I hate the fact we outlive our pets.

I love mice. The problem is, my parents don't so I'll have to wait a while before I can have any as pets.

Marvel looks like a fluffy little sheep! He's adorable. :)
My mum has a phobia of mice, which is why she wanted me to get a fancy mouse (They don't remind her too much of house mice). She likes watching Marvel but hasn't been brave enough to hold him yet. I find it hilarious that she is afraid of a small harmless ball of fur xD

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
I've wanted rats for ages, but you guys are making me want mice too! The ones I saw at the animal shelter were always so skittish, so it's cool seeing that yours are so friendly. How do you house them (and how big is their housing)? Oh my gosh, I shouldn't be thinking about more pets, but they're so adorable!
My guy isn't skittish at all, in-fact he craves human attention 24/7.
They don't require large rooms like pigs as they can run on exercise wheels and climb up the sides of cages, here is a mice cage calculator: https://www.thefunmouse.com/info/cagecalculator.cfm (The Fun Mouse is kind of like The Guinea Lynx of the mouse world).

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Oh my! He is the cutest mouse I've even seen!! My mice sadly aren't friendly. I've tried hand feeding them but they always bit me.. My hamsters were always more friendly :(

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
My mum has a phobia of mice, which is why she wanted me to get a fancy mouse (They don't remind her too much of house mice). She likes watching Marvel but hasn't been brave enough to hold him yet. I find it hilarious that she is afraid of a small harmless ball of fur xD
My parents don't even like the fancies. :( My mom isn't afraid of mice, she just doesn't like them. Same with my dad.

I also find it really funny how some people are afraid of mice. :D

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
My parents don't even like the fancies. :( My mom isn't afraid of mice, she just doesn't like them. Same with my dad.

I also find it really funny how some people are afraid of mice. :D

Haha...my mum was scared to death of mice and rats...so after 5 years of me begging for rats we went on the mouse path...after about 4 years of owning mice we got rats. She now doesn't judge an animal by how it looks rather the animal it's self...so proud of her! Haha!

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
@RodentCuddles That's awesome :D I don't really bother asking for mice or rats anymore because the answer for them is always no. My mom said she never wants mice or rats in the house. :(

I think I'll stick with trying to convince my parents to let me adopt a gerbil pair as of right now. lol

Little One

Cavy Slave
Awh everyone's mice are super cute!

This is Cashew. I found her laying in my laundry room as a tiny little thing. Her eyes weren't even open yet. I have no idea where she came from, and I really didn't want my cat to eat her, so I took her in and hand raised her. I fed her every 2 hours around the clock for a week and a bit. She weaned shortly after that so I only had to feed her every 3-4 hours, which I was very thankful for during the night! lol. I had tons of pictures of her but sadly my memory card on my phone died, so I'm left with the ones I posted to facebook :( (If only I was a more annoying person and had 100s of pictures on FB!)

cashew.jpg - Tummy is all full after a feeding
cashew1.jpg - her ears stood up for the first time
Ramara-20121008-00108.jpg - Fur is starting to change
cashew2.jpg - Somebodies getting big!
cashew3.jpg - So cute

cheesypuffpea

Cavy Slave
This post really makes me want to have pet mice! They were like 20 mice in my local shelter before but now theyre all adopted, missed my chance !

All you guys' mice look ADORABLE! not even kidding i think the cutest trait of a mouse is their large ears, too too cute.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.