Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece New idea. Feed back please

Power Piggies

Cavy Slave
I really want to try fleece. But I do not want to invest in flippers just yet and I will not have any time to sew in the next few weeks.

So here is my idea: Cut coroplast to the size I want (I want 3 across the length of my cage) Lay uhaul pad on top. Cut fleece to have a 1-2" overhang. Attach velcro to the back of the fleece and the underside of the coroplast.
What do you think? I think its kind of a 1 sided fleece flipper...

lissie

Cavy Slave
It should work. You'd still have to sew Velcro on.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I just do a whole cage liner minus the sewing. I lay a uhaul folded in half then fleece on top. Then I tuck in the extra underneath the uhaul and binder clip it together. You could do something like that. I don't know how well the velcro would hold after a few washes. You also want to wash the fleece first because it would probably shrink then cut it to size.

Power Piggies

Cavy Slave
Thanks! I'm thinking hot glue for the velcro

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
I think it would be easier if you can just tuck it under instead of using Velcro. If you don't have piggies that borrow then it should be fine just tucked.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Yea I don't think glue would work after several washes it probably would come off. You would have to sew the velcro to get a strong hold.

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Here is a pic of what I do, I have it cut 5 extra inches on each side so the cage sits on top so no one can burrow under. Or if you have sides on your coroplast, again, leave some extra on each side and binder clip to the sides!

CAM00085.jpgCAM00839.jpg

khangyen

Cavy Slave
Hey' the little house that u made for ur piggy is rly nice! I would like to know how u clean it tho?

Photolove3

Cavy Slave
Hey' the little house that u made for ur piggy is rly nice! I would like to know how u clean it tho?
I think it's a pigloo cover cause you can see the pigloo door sticking out. Really clever idea.

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
I just cut coroplast to fit the bottom of my cage and lay towels( or you can use Uhaul) and then fleece and secure it with binder clips along the edges it is the easiest way I have found to keep my naughty girls from burrowing under the fleece

khangyen

Cavy Slave
I mean when they pee or poo on the fleece. Wouldnt it be hard to clean then??

Power Piggies

Cavy Slave
Just as an aside, if you buy sticky-back velcro for anything, you cannot change your mind and try to sew it. The sticky back will clog your needle and sewing machine.
Thanks for the heads up! You probably saved my machine :)

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I just do a whole cage liner minus the sewing. I lay a uhaul folded in half then fleece on top. Then I tuck in the extra underneath the uhaul and binder clip it together. You could do something like that. I don't know how well the velcro would hold after a few washes. You also want to wash the fleece first because it would probably shrink then cut it to size.
Do you just binder clip along the edge, pinching the uHaul layers and fleece? How far between the clips? I don't sew and do this same thg but haven't been clipping and mine gets too too loose when I clean. THX

Guinealea

Cavy Slave
I just cut coroplast to fit the bottom of my cage and lay towels( or you can use Uhaul) and then fleece and secure it with binder clips along the edges it is the easiest way I have found to keep my naughty girls from burrowing under the fleece

I do the same thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.