Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition Is it a safe Cranberry Juice for Piggies?

tania.nyaw

Cavy Slave
Hello, I'm piggies owner from Indoensia. And I'm sorry if I post in the wrong place.
I've read about UTI from guinealynx.info.
It's said "cranberry juice may interfere with its development, cutting the incidence of UTIs in half".

I've read many post about cranberry juice, and which I want to ask here about cranberry juice composition that I've found at supermarket in my town.

Cranberry juice labelled was "Diamond Cranverry Juice", with no added sugar.
Nutrition facts :
Total fat 0%
Protein 0%
Carbohidrat 8%
Natrium 3%
Kalium 1%
Vit. A 10%
Vit. C 50%
Vit. D 8%
Vit. E 20%
Vit. B1 15%
Vit. B2 10%
Vit. B3 15%
Vit. B6 10%
Vit. B9 10%
Vit B.12 15%
Kalsium 2%
Iron 15%

Is it safe nutrition for piggies or not?

I don't think to give it to my piggies now, but I still want to know if it safe for my piggies.
Just as an anticipation if one day they got some health problems and this cranberry juice could help little way on recovery.
Since in my town, I've never found cranberry fruit :(

Thanks for the help :)

kapplepig

Cavy Slave
It's is safe to give guinea pig's a small amount of cranberry juice if it is unsweetened and it has been diluted with water. I'd say you should add enough so that the juice is barely pink.

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Cranberries and cranberry juice will not cure a UTI. The amount you'd have to give for any benefit would be huge and you'd never get a pig to consume that amount anyway. You must go to a vet for medicine if this happens. The medicine will be much more effective than any kind of home remedy.

tania.nyaw

Cavy Slave
It's is safe to give guinea pig's a small amount of cranberry juice if it is unsweetened and it has been diluted with water. I'd say you should add enough so that the juice is barely pink.
hello kapplepig ,, big thanks for your information :)

Cranberries and cranberry juice will not cure a UTI. The amount you'd have to give for any benefit would be huge and you'd never get a pig to consume that amount anyway. You must go to a vet for medicine if this happens. The medicine will be much more effective than any kind of home remedy.
hello Duffinvt
Thanks for the reply,

So if someday my piggies got problem with it, I don't need to give this juice? Because medicine was the best solution.
And anyhow, I still want to know whether it's nutrition safe for piggies?
Thank you :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.