Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Hilarious thing my guinea pig did...

Amalee

Cavy Slave
Alright. So, before I tell you guys what happened, I want to let you know that I'm a horribly cruel mother to my pigs and occasionally tease them with food that isn't there (but will be soon!) Which is why this happened... I was getting ready to give them their daily pellets and I shook the bag. I acted like I dropped a few into the cage because I'm an awful mommy and enjoy the look of confusion on a guinea pig's face. Except, instead of confusion, it was dedication. One of my pigs assumed I had really given the pellets, and immediately went in for the kill...and ate a fresh poop he had just dropped that happened to be right in front of my hand in the cage. I didn't stop laughing about it for hours after it had happened. It wasn't a vitamin dropping, either, but a full fledged poo.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hahaha, you and I would get along great, [MENTION=36856]CottonBlue[/MENTION] !

Whirlwind

Cavy Slave
Sorry, but I don't think this is funny. Our small furry friends are just rodents, but they are also sweet loving little critters who trust and depend on us for everything in their lives.

My boys look to me for food and love. I never disappoint them. Just my take, but teasing of any variety is cruel.

Amalee

Cavy Slave
Sorry, but I don't think this is funny. Our small furry friends are just rodents, but they are also sweet loving little critters who trust and depend on us for everything in their lives.

My boys look to me for food and love. I never disappoint them. Just my take, but teasing of any variety is cruel.

How is it cruel? The look of confusion on any animal's face is cute. My guinea pigs love their pellets so much that they are too desperate for them, their greed for food is amusing. How does teasing hurt them in any way?

VellaBella

Cavy Slave
It doesn't, don't let over-reactive people get to you. Very cute piggies you must have. Mine wheek and begg every time I get back from going to the kitchen for my own food, and they can't seem to learn that the fridge door isn't the sound for food. They quiet down quickly, but still kinda funny.

Whirlwind

Cavy Slave
I am not "over reactive." My opinion just differs from yours.

VellaBella

Cavy Slave
Calling someone cruel for something that was in no way harmful to the animal and for berating them unnessecarily is "over-reactive". I don't mind people disagreeing, I do mind then trying to make people feel bad for something that was not hurting anyone or any animal.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
Calling someone cruel for something that was in no way harmful to the animal and for berating them unnessecarily is "over-reactive". I don't mind people disagreeing, I do mind then trying to make people feel bad for something that was not hurting anyone or any animal.

I agree. I tease my pets all the time. Its cute, not harmful. They still get the food/treats in the end. Cottonblue i would be right there with you laughing my head off.

VellaBella

Cavy Slave
:) glad you agree, HollyLeaf.

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
Alright. So, before I tell you guys what happened, I want to let you know that I'm a horribly cruel mother to my pigs and occasionally tease them with food that isn't there (but will be soon!) Which is why this happened... I was getting ready to give them their daily pellets and I shook the bag. I acted like I dropped a few into the cage because I'm an awful mommy and enjoy the look of confusion on a guinea pig's face. Except, instead of confusion, it was dedication. One of my pigs assumed I had really given the pellets, and immediately went in for the kill...and ate a fresh poop he had just dropped that happened to be right in front of my hand in the cage. I didn't stop laughing about it for hours after it had happened. It wasn't a vitamin dropping, either, but a full fledged poo.

If if you do that to any other animal, they'll rip your face off.

I think that is cruel. Guinea pigs rely on us, humans to provide food, shelter and water for them. dont tease an animal. They don't like it. You are taking advantage of your guinea pigs kind and trusting nature. It takes so long for a guinea pig to come out of its shell to beg for food. And you took advantage of that and them, trusting you, dove for the "food"

I think that it is mean to take advantage of them like that and laugh about it afterwards.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
If if you do that to any other animal, they'll rip your face off.

I think that is cruel. Guinea pigs rely on us, humans to provide food, shelter and water for them. dont tease an animal. They don't like it. You are taking advantage of your guinea pigs kind and trusting nature. It takes so long for a guinea pig to come out of its shell to beg for food. And you took advantage of that and them, trusting you, dove for the "food"

I think that it is mean to take advantage of them like that and laugh about it afterwards.

I do this to my dog, who in fact, doesn't rip my face off. I think that's a slight exaggeration on your part, because I know of no animals who would rip someone's face off for trying to eat food that wasn't there. Except for maybe a snake, which couldn't really help it anyways. But I think it's not cruel, because in the end, it didn't hurt the guinea pig, and they got the food almost immediately after.
[MENTION=36856]CottonBlue[/MENTION] I started laughing myself as I read that XD

SquigglyPigs

Cavy Slave
Haha I do that to my dog as well. Lots of people pretend to throw a ball and watch the dog look around confused for it. I don't do it over and over again because I would feel bad but as long as you give them a treat/ball throw afterwards, dogs don't seem to mind! Same concept with guinea pigs.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
haha i do that to my dog as well. Lots of people pretend to throw a ball and watch the dog look around confused for it. I don't do it over and over again because i would feel bad but as long as you give them a treat/ball throw afterwards, dogs don't seem to mind! Same concept with guinea pigs.

Exactly! :D

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
Haha I do that to my dog as well. Lots of people pretend to throw a ball and watch the dog look around confused for it. I don't do it over and over again because I would feel bad but as long as you give them a treat/ball throw afterwards, dogs don't seem to mind! Same concept with guinea pigs.

I try to do that with my golden retriever but she doesn't fall for it. Lol but our old dog used to, and our current beagle does. It's hilarious.

SquigglyPigs

Cavy Slave
I try to do that with my golden retriever but she doesn't fall for it. Lol but our old dog used to, and our current beagle does. It's hilarious.

Haha the best is when they don't fall for it. They look at you with this "really? how dumb do you think I am?" look.

ThePiggyHerd01

Cavy Gazer
This is so funny!!! [emoji23] Glad you shared [emoji23]❤️

Whirlwind

Cavy Slave
VellaBella, for the record, I did not call CottonBlue cruel. I said the action of teasing was cruel. I don't see how that one sentence "berated her." I was just stating my opinion of the activity.

VellaBella

Cavy Slave
Saying that an action I'd cruel done by a person implies that person is cruel. And it is berating someone, and it wasn't a nice thing to say.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
I think, and this is no way meant to be harsh, that anyone who has a negative opinion on this harmless act by the OP shouldnt post here and just move on. This thread was meant to encourage smiles and a few laughs. The OP meant no harm, just sharing a funny cute moment with their piggie. Im sorry if anyone disagrees. It just seems like theres a lot of negativity on this forum lately, and i havent even been here long. :/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.