Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece getting rid of hair?

audizzy

Cavy Slave
Hi guys, I need help.
I'm tired of fleece liners. It takes me so long to take off the hair. I never get to finish because my wrist starts to hurt, and because I always get hair flying everywhere! I shake out my liners on my balcony, and I brush it out with a rubber brush. Is there an easier way to get rid of the hair?
I'm also tired of my laundry having guinea pig hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZebraKisses

Cavy Slave
I know this seems bad haha, but I take my fleece liners to the public washer and dryer(is that how you spell that lol?) place. I never have to brush mine though, the washer usually gets all the hair out.

audizzy

Cavy Slave
I know this seems bad haha, but I take my fleece liners to the public washer and dryer(is that how you spell that lol?) place. I never have to brush mine though, the washer usually gets all the hair out.

haha I would be glad to do that too, but I don't live in America :/

ZebraKisses

Cavy Slave
haha I would be glad to do that too, but I don't live in America :/

Ah! Well when I do my weekly cage cleaning, i vacuum a decent amount of hair up while vacuuming up poos, then i shake my fleece liner in my cage to shake off any remaining poos, and some hair falls off that way too, and I vacuum it up then. Usually there isn't much hair left on it, then i wash it.

My problem isn't hair, its hay, so I do have to go outside and just give it an additional shake to get all the hay off. If you don't do this already, you can try this, it works for me!

Hope this helps😊

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Hi guys, I need help.
I'm tired of fleece liners. It takes me so long to take off the hair. I never get to finish because my wrist starts to hurt, and because I always get hair flying everywhere! I shake out my liners on my balcony, and I brush it out with a rubber brush. Is there an easier way to get rid of the hair?
I'm also tired of my laundry having guinea pig hair.

You could wash them in a old pillow case to catch the hair. When I used fleece I didn't worry so much about the hair staying over poo and hay.

Karleen Garcia

Cavy Slave
I shake mine in the cage, so poops, hay, and some hair fall off. Then I put ours on the ground and vacuum it. Takes me about 1-3 mins. I also bought a handheld vacuum off Amazon that is meant for pet hair. It works wonderful when I want to tidy it up a bit

audizzy

Cavy Slave
Another option is to purchase horse blanket washing bags. I'm not sure where you are located but they are available online. The only place I've been able to find them is in the UK. I purchased mine on Ebay from a seller in the UK. They work beautifully to keep all the hair out of the washer.

Oh, I will look into that! I have 2x6 liners, so I can't put them in pillow cases.

Sakano

Cavy Slave
Have you tried a lint roller? That might help.

Novabean

Cavy Slave
I shake mine in the cage, so poops, hay, and some hair fall off. Then I put ours on the ground and vacuum it. Takes me about 1-3 mins. I also bought a handheld vacuum off Amazon that is meant for pet hair. It works wonderful when I want to tidy it up a bit

Wondering what hand vacuum u use? I've been looking but reviews are so mixed and for the price of some it's hard to choose.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tam Piggy love

Cavy Slave
I have to agree with anyone who mentioned the washing bags. I have a blanket washer bag that I purchased on Amazon. It works great! I just sweep my fleece, then shake any loose hay, hair or dropping off onto the puppy pads under the fleece, and then I just put the fleece in the washer bag. If there is any hair, or hay left on the fleece it stays contained in the bag. Then I just take the bag and shake it out after washing the fleece. It works perfectly!

Tam Piggy love

Cavy Slave
sorry I didn't include the link with my original response but this is the bag I have, and I also use 2x6 liners. (broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.