Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I have bronchitis! UGGGG!

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I have been having this cough for a few days after my flu cleared up. I looked up my symptoms and it seems I have bronchitis! Is it contagious to guinea pigs? I have not been handling them a whole lot, and when I do I put on hand sanitizer and a surgical mask. They also still eat a lot so if they caught anything from me I would be able to tell almost instantly.

failur3byh3art

Cavy Slave
In an earlier post earlier this month someone had asked if it was possible to pass on a cold to guinea pigs. My answer would be similar to your question. What you mostly tend to pass onto guinea pigs or animals in general is bacteria which will effect the piggies health. And similar to what @pinky said in that same post "don't sneeze or cough near them and be diligent about practicing good hygiene". From what you mentioned it's mostly "bacterial" in which what you're doing already is enough to prevent spreading any bacteria to them. Keep your hands washed! Also you're correct. A piggy not eating would be a noticeable sign of being sick. You should be fine

Also, get well soon!

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
The one good thing about being homeschooled is you only get sick once or twice a year. And at least it isn't puking!

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Another homeschooler! We really should start a club or something...

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
I'm also homeschooled!lol

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I really wanna be public schooled. I wanna see my friends and have real teachers!

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
I'm part of a co-op, so I see my friends every Friday, and we e-mail each other during the week and stuff. I went to school last year, and it was horrible. There were some really mean kids, annoying kids, and creepy kids that said they wanted to stalk you. I'm glad I am homeschooled this year.
I really wanna be public schooled. I wanna see my friends and have real teachers!

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
My mom wanted to do a co-op but now she is living about half an hour away, and is working a part-time job at walmart. She also has the only car in the family. At least I am getting good exercise with taking a walk almost every day lol

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
I go to a "school" twice a week for classes my mom has no idea how to teach Lol! There are kids and real teachers but it's really small. I like it because I can actually see friends and there are like no kids in my neighborhood... (why???)

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
I'm part of a co-op, so I see my friends every Friday, and we e-mail each other during the week and stuff. I went to school last year, and it was horrible. There were some really mean kids, annoying kids, and creepy kids that said they wanted to stalk you. I'm glad I am homeschooled this year.
Haha, I'm Public schooled. What you say is true, especially about the creepy kids part. :) And the annoying ones, and the mean ones. But nonetheless, I still like it. :D

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to imply that every school is awful, just that one I went to last year.

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
Haha, I'm Public schooled. What you say is true, especially about the creepy kids part. :) And the annoying ones, and the mean ones. But nonetheless, I still like it. :D

I agree. there are mean and annoying kids, but I liked it. I even had my own little circle of friends

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah we should @GuineaPig @PeanutnCookie we could a PM or something. Any way I hope you feel better

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
I went to school but I get sick easy and bullied a lot and have sleep anxiety and it made me become really shy again @LoveMyHerd @GuineaPig

guin2567

Cavy Gazer
Only if u pass bactiria like cough on her/him....i have bronchitis to it sucks

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I never cough on my piggies. Even if I'm not sick.

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I'm always on tiptoe around my piggies. I don't cough near them, have any loud noises near them that could harm their wee piggy ears or frighten them, or expose the to ANY sort of chemicals, EVER. I think I love them too much!:p

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
You can never love them too much! Unless you buy a house and give each single/pair/group a whole room to themselves...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.