Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Willow Branch Ball?

LuisaSpike

Cavy Slave
I recently found out that my pigs absolutely LOVE to play with balls, and I want to get them one that they can push around or take in their teeth and run around with. I keep seeing these woven balls made out of willow twigs. Are these safe for pigs?

JennasPigs

Cavy Slave
Those are completely safe for pigs! They're often a favorite- my guinea pigs have had willow balls, tunnels, and houses that they love! Just remember to never purchase a willow ball with any kind of nuts on the inside as those can be very dangerous for guinea pigs.

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Mine love willow branches as well... I'd just be careful when buying anything that's not made in the USA as most toys bought in stores are not.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't buy them because I can't find any that weren't made in China, and I'm afraid of what they might be treated with. I used to be able to get huts that were made in the US - maybe not any better, but I didn't worry as much about it. The next time I go to my brother's in Mississippi, I'm going to cut some willow and bring back with me and see if I can make some.

LuisaSpike

Cavy Slave
Do you have any suggestions for toy balls I could give them?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
No, sorry. Mine don't like toy balls.

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Those are completely safe for pigs! They're often a favorite- my guinea pigs have had willow balls, tunnels, and houses that they love! Just remember to never purchase a willow ball with any any kind of nuts on the inside as those can be very dangerous for guinea pigs.

Dang it.. >.< I think mine has a..Walnut? o.e they didn't touch it though o.o and they loved to eat the wooden woven thingys that were made into a ball lol if that makes sense

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I give my girls the willow hut/tunnel things every now and then, but be careful because the twigs get really sharp once they start chewing them. I actually thought someone had cut their mouth because I noticed some blood in the cage, so I removed it. It coincidentally turned out that Quinn had a UTI so I gave it back to let them finish destroying it.

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Do you have any suggestions for toy balls I could give them?

I just got these this week for mine.
(broken link removed)

They seem to like them :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Dollar to a donut says they're made overseas somewhere.

JennasPigs

Cavy Slave
I just got these this week for mine.
(broken link removed)

They seem to like them :)

Those ones are the best! :) I once purchased some timothy hay stuffed willow balls along with some different willow toys. All you have to do is search willow guinea pig toys on ebay and you have a bunch of choices :)

Pink Portrait

Cavy Slave
I make this for my pig

LuisaSpike

Cavy Slave
Thank you, @Pink Portrait, I'm going to go make one of those right now!

LuisaSpike

Cavy Slave
As soon as I put the cardboard tubing ball in, Luisa ran over and started chewing on it! Yay!

Pink Portrait

Cavy Slave

Melissa123

Cavy Slave

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Dollar to a donut says they're made overseas somewhere.

You were correct! :/ Emailed last night and got this reply:

"
Dear melissamadero,

Hello, not all of our items are made in the USA although they were purchased from the USA like the vine items. The shelves and hay holder are made and from the USA and handcrafted by us.

Thanks for looking.

- lotsofchinchillathings "

I will never assume again...

JennasPigs

Cavy Slave
You were correct! :/ Emailed last night and got this reply:

"
Dear melissamadero,

Hello, not all of our items are made in the USA although they were purchased from the USA like the vine items. The shelves and hay holder are made and from the USA and handcrafted by us.

Thanks for looking.

- lotsofchinchillathings "

I will never assume again...

I think this ebay shop is THE BEST: (broken link removed) So many options for natural toys- even though not all of them are balls. I'm almost positive these are made in the USA. Plus the furries LOVE them, fast shipping, and super cute packaging. Definitely worth considering when purchasing small animal toys.

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
I think this ebay shop is THE BEST: (broken link removed) So many options for natural toys- even though not all of them are balls. I'm almost positive these are made in the USA. Plus the furries LOVE them, fast shipping, and super cute packaging. Definitely worth considering when purchasing small animal toys.

I just messaged the seller- I want to make sure everything is from the US before I buy anything. Really nice looking toys though!

Artista

Cavy Slave
I just messaged the seller- I want to make sure everything is from the US before I buy anything. Really nice looking toys though!

Please let us know what they say. My girl loves chewing pine cone and hay filled vine ball looks good too. Also, anyone know why a toy that is natural that is good for rabbits wouldn't be good for a gp? I wonder why folks post "for rabbits", "for rabbits and guinea pigs"...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.