Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions what to do on the drive home?

korryn92

Cavy Slave
So tomorrow my boyfriend and I are going to the closest shelter for a kind of scheduled play date with our guinea pig Oreo to hopefully find a boar he bonds with. We usually put him in a laundry basket with a towel, cuddle cup, and if there's wind a blanket partially over the top of the basket.

If bonding is successful and we bring a new pig home should we put them both in the same laundry basket for the 1 hour long trip home?

Or should we bring a separate basket and just have them close to each other so they still smell each other and can see each other?

Since they will be newly bonded I am just a little worried about having them in such a small place for a whole hour. Any advice would be great so we can have a smooth ride home.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
I would suggest that you keep them in different baskets. Even bonded pigs can get fussy with each other in such tight quarters. Good luck and let us know if you find a match!

Linds

Cavy Slave
If you decide not to put them in separate baskets, I would definitely bring a separate basket just in case.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I agree with @Hhbean, even if they get along at the meet & greet, they don't know each other well enough to be subject to small quarters for an hour with nowhere to get a break from each other if need be. I would bring a second basket and put the other pig in that one.

korryn92

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much for the advice!

I will bring an extra basket with a towel and stuff in it for the new piggy :) Thank you for the good luck wishes! I am so exited :)

I will put a thread in the introductions forum to introduce the new addition if all goes well :) Of course I will have all sorts of pigtures too :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.