Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What are you opinions on dying a guinea pig's fur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
i have reported her page, doubt it will do anything but worth a shot! i emailed tumblr about this girl being blatently rude and abusing her piggy

Roo99

Cavy Slave
Here is what seems to be her final imput:

'I really don’t care and couldn’t be ****** writing ‘well thought out’ things to all these annoying weirdos who are so concerned about my guinea pig, it’s my business what I do with it and all you annoying random ***** are honestly not changing my thoughts on anything'

(Cuss words are edited out)

missbunnyminaj

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
This is kute, I would do it, but I would only do it if it didnt hurt the piggie

Roo99

Cavy Slave
@missbunnyminaj- even if, on the slim chance, it didn't hurt the pig, I really don't see any sense in dyeing the fur of animals. I find it completely pointless, and even if she thinks that it is okay, no one can really know for sure.

missbunnyminaj

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Diamond is white with blue eyes, I think pink would look good on her!!

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
Diamond is white with blue eyes, I think pink would look good on her!!
This coming from the girl whose pig gets flicked and hit with a TV remote...

Roo99

Cavy Slave
I'm sure that white looks even better on her.

Liknvi

Cavy Slave
I've always thought dressing up pets was silly, but at this point I'd gladly take a pig in a costume over a pig with dyed fur any day of the week.

The pigs are beautiful enough as is, and I'm more than happy to just be able to have them in my life at all, so to me, it doesn't make sense to change anything about the little furbabies in our lives.

Different strokes, I suppose... I just wish the pets didn't have to suffer because of what the owner thinks is 'cute'.

GuineaPigPosse

Cavy Slave
I don't think any animal should be died. It does nothing for the animal, it's just for the human's enjoyment. I won't go to her page because it would just make me angry and then I'd start an online fight with her, which is pointless because she obviously get a joy out of getting reactions from people.

I can't believe her parents allow this, they are just as much to blame as she is. I feel so bad for this little piggie. It doesn't deserve to go through this stress.

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Okay... In my opinion, dyeing animals is completely pointless. Not to mention highly irresponsible in some cases, like this one. I think it looks ridiculous when animals have colored fur. (Ecspecially when people dye it multi-colored. It makes me think of a clown wig.)

I seriously think this girl should just give up her poor pig to a rescue if this is just what hes going to do with it. Not that she will, of course... Her attitude just makes me so angry.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Wow. This is disgusting. If someone wanted a cute pink little fluffy thing there are many toy stores out there that will gladly sell you one. I love my guinea pigs because they are pure. Not tarnished by what the world is coming to. I could never imagine doing this to something that I love and care for so deeply. This person obviously doesn't care about her pig.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
This is not nearly as bad as dressed up pigs. This is horrendous.

missbunnyminaj

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
@(broken link removed)
Im not gonna dye her, jesus! I said I would only do it if it wouldnt hurt her...My sis with bordurline personality dissorder hit her ONCE.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
My sis with bordurline personality dissorder hit her ONCE.
Once is all it takes sometimes to badly injure or kill a small animal. If you have someone in your household with a mental illness who can't be trusted around animals, and they can't be secured away from that person, then you shouldn't keep animals while you live with that person.

missbunnyminaj

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Once is all it takes sometimes to badly injure or kill a small animal. If you have someone in your household with a mental illness who can't be trusted around animals, and they can't be secured away from that person, then you shouldn't keep animals while you live with that person.
Dont worry my older sis not allowed to touch my pigs anymore or go near my room. I moved in with my other little sister's room to get them away from her

Liknvi

Cavy Slave

BPD is very serious and can lead to very violent outbursts. While it might not be fair to someone with a mental disorder, keeping them away from animals is the best option.

I personally have to show the same kind of restraint when anything happens to me. I know from personal illness that a mental disorder isn't an excuse... At some point one has to show restraint - be it self-restraint or forced restraint.

Missbunnyminaj, I wouldn't blame your sister. I know how hard emotions are to control for someone with a mental disorder - I live it every day. It's up to you to keep her from hurting the animal, as mufasa said.

It sucks, but animals, and especially piggies, are very small and one outburst can end in disaster.

charliespet

Cavy Slave
IDK WHY lol...safety is a concern, I mean, if she'd squeezed strawberries and gave the pig a bath to make him pink, or blueberries or something, that wouldn't be bad. I used to make clothes for my pigs...LOL for fun photo ops. But this girl does seem immature and like she just wanted to dye her pig and is defensive about it...Idk lots of ppl think its cute to have their animals wear clothes, costumes, jewles, hair bows...I myself get plastic nail covers for my dog that are neon green so she doesn't scratch herself or others and cut the skin...but the safety of the dye is def an issue!

Gohan

Cavy Slave
This is exactly what that evil person wants us to do; Make a big fus about it. I agree with everyone here, Dying pet fur is bad (and extremly so) and this person clearly can not take care of these pig, but this evil person just wants to see everybody keep on talking about it! Some people just want to watch the world talk about them. I know it's hard, but just letting it go is about the best thing we can do for that pig. some mod needs to shut this thread down!

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
This chickie has some emotional problems.:mad:

How are you contacting her?

Jacksthemouse

Cavy Slave
So the consensus is she thought dyeing this piggie's fur was safe because it 'wasn't touching her skin'.... Are you serious, kid? Have you never dyed your OWN hair? You massage that stuff into YOUR SCALP as well as your hair- ERGO, YOUR SKIN.

The stupidity scales have broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.