Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Piggie chewing on binder clips

mercurybubbles8

Cavy Slave
I used binder clips to keep the fleece from coming off / my piggie going under. I find that she is chewing on the binder clips though. Is this okay or has anyone seen something happen from chewing on them?

Levenn

Cavy Slave
Mine nibble on them sometimes, but then they usually stop after about a couple seconds. Does your piggie constantly chew on them for long periods of time?

mercurybubbles8

Cavy Slave
Its not for long periods of time. Just for a few seconds, then gets bored and moved on.

Levenn

Cavy Slave
Its not for long periods of time. Just for a few seconds, then gets bored and moved on.

Then you are fine. :) I love binder clips, helps me keep my cage sooo nice! As you can see. I couldn't live with out binder clips! Its the only way I can make the fleece nice and neat with no bunching! And of course the main reason of using them, so the piggies don't burrow! Ever since I found out I could use binder clips, it changed my whole cage maintenance experience! :p

Newcage.jpg

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
WOW @Levenn your cage is SOOO clean looking.

Levenn

Cavy Slave
WOW @Levenn your cage is SOOO clean looking.

It takes a lot to get it that neat looking. I am still working and thinking of ways to keep it this way at all times yet cut my time when ever I clean, wash and re-fit my fleece/bedding back onto the cage. Binder clips helped me achieve the neat look, by tucking and folding and clipping..but like I said, it takes a lot of work and time to get it like that, then once a week I gotta start all over again. hehe, still gotta think of new ways of making it easier! :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.